Pregnant after 35

Was it planned?

I am 36 years old and I have had several ppl ask me if my pregnancy was planned. I think it is a completely rude and personal question to ask me, yet I don't know how to answer it without going off. I guess the Christian thing to say is that God planned this baby!

Re: Was it planned?

• Maybe say "does it matter?" Because really, is the baby any less loved or wanted because it wasn't planned?!
  • (Whether it was planned or not. It really is no one's business! And it doesn't matter if it was planned or not- it's happening!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • With my last baby (she's 18 months old) a coworker said to me, "This baby was accident, right? You had IUD, right?" Um, no. We tried for 2 years to conceive her and I have never had an IUD. I couldn't believe it. My OB asked me if this pregnancy was planned and looked surprised when I told her it was.

• My Aunt asked me that, I was about ready to smack her.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• someone at church notice for the first time I am pregnant and caused a big scene. she was like oh no oh no Omg I would be so depressed if I were you. I'm looking at her like how ignorant can you be. I don't need your permission or your money to have as many babies as my husband and I want. this was by far the worst reaction I've had during my pregnancy. O did I mention she feel out on the chair all dramatic!
  • People have all kinds of rude questions and and comments for pregnant women. I have no idea why some people are so ridiculous. I got, "you want a 3rd??? Are you nuts???"
    Rylee Jane 9/8/07 After 2 years TTC
    Reagan Lynn 2/23/12 After 3 years TTC & 6 mos 150mg Clomid
    TTC #3 Since 4/2012
    m/c 1/2013 at 5 weeks
    m/c 8/2013 at 5 weeks
  • i'm glad i'm not the only one that thinks this question is rude. either way what difference does it make. i'm grown and married. i'm not 15 lol.
  • I think it's quite rude also. But then again people are just blatantly curious 
  • Oh no! That's terrible. I haven't announced it to the world yet. I've been pretty open with my friends and some coworkers about my fertility issues, so I don't think it will be a big surprise. I know I'll probably get some crappy comments though. I've had people give me a hard time for waiting until my age and imply that it was selfish of me. That always sets me off. DH was in law school and we were trying to get situated before. Plus, it's none of their business. It's a sore subject with me!

BabyFruit TickerAnniversary

• i havent been asked, which im kinda shocked by - since i am 39 and our 1st child is almost7.

but baby #2 was very much planned - thank you IVF!!!
    Due 9/18/2013 after 3+ years of trying
    Expecting a GIRL!!!
    Big Brother is also a September BABY - 9/24/06
  • I can't imagine someone asking me that!   But sometimes the things that come out of people's mouths just astonishes me...
    January siggy challenge: winter weather fails

• I get asked the same question, especially since this is my first child.  I find it pretty rude...

• wow! so much rudeness.

and I must be the oddball - I would think that about a 21 or 22 year old woman, but NOT a 36 or 39 year old one!

I cringe at a young pregnancy (can they afford it, will the marriage last, did they finish college?) more than an older one.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"