Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Ideas to try with veggies

I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for veggie to try with my LO - she is pretty hit and miss lately and we are a bit worried she is not getting enough variety..

Love/will not spit out: TOMATOES, butternut squash

Will sometime tolerate: peas, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower

Hates: Corn, summer squash

On a good note, she eats all fruit with reckless abandon. Many times during the meal I have to say "Matilda! Stop and chew!!" with fruit.  

Re: Ideas to try with veggies

• I really like this blog for recipes for DD.

happyhealthymama.com

Try the spinach nuggets and broccoli bites.  DD LOVES them!  DD is very good about eating veggies but I also hide veggies into a lot of things we eat.  Last night we had meatloaf for dinner.  I put some fresh spinach and raw carrots into the food processor  and then mixed that into the meatloaf mixture.
    I do the same thing when we have spaghetti and meatballs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Try sweeter veggies like beets and sweet potatoes.  Chick peas would be good too.

Also try veggie patch chick pea / spinach patties / falafel.

Also pasta prima spinach ravioli.
    Me: 36 (Endo) DH: 39 (Azoo)
    5 DIUI - BFN
    IVF#1 - BFP - AJ 7/12
    FET#1 - BFP Due 7/24/14
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    image imageimageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not sure how old your LO is but my 15 month old loves corn on the cob, I think he gets a kick out of chewing it on the cob, other than that most of his veggies are from those fruit/yogurt pouches, baby yougurt with veggies, and I buy alot of pasta lately that is made with veggies. 
  • My lo loves corn on the cob too- he's 15 mo and does a really good job with it. He also loves the spinach nuggets from the previously mentioned healthy happy mama blog. And he eats steamed sweet potato sticks. fruit Smoothies are a good way to sneak in spinach, carrot and cucumber.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Summer is the best time for veggies because there are just so many delicious ones out there!  I also agree with trying a variety of preparations.  My son won't eat raw bell peppers, but he loves them frozen.

Asparagus
    Artichoke hearts (my son also loves these frozen.  We've attempted steamed artichoke and he still has some trouble with them)
    Avocado (I know, technically a fruit - but so is tomato!)
    Bell Peppers
    Celery
    Cucumber
    Eggplant
    Fennel (excellent braised and topped with a little parmesean)
    Jicima
    Mushrooms
    Parsnips (similar to carrots)
    Radish
    Spinach/Kale/Mustard Greens (my son will only eat in soups, on pizzas, or quiches, but he eats them!)
    Sweet Potato (especially if he eats carrots and butternut squash)
    Turnips (like potato or carrots)
    Zucchini

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We always do veggies first, and only a few at a time, but she hates them still.
    She will refuse any food with a sauce or combination food - we have tried several times. 
    However, she will still eat any of the pouches/purees. She always has, though I feel bad that she should be eating more "real" foods, she eats plenty of other "real" food, just not veggies, so I would rather her eat some veggies even if it is in puree form. I will give these a try - thanks - she might really like the corn on the cob! Heres hoping!

And if anyone was wondering - Tomatoes were ruled a vegetable in 1893 by a US court.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"