January 2013 Moms
Options

Constantly hitting head on crib

My little guy is constantly falling into his crib while trying to fall asleep.  Sometimes he catches himself and other times it is a pretty hard fall head first into the side of the crib.  
He is practicing standing without holding onto anything so I am not sure what to do to help him.  Any ideas?
Baby Boy born on 1/14/13

Re: Constantly hitting head on crib

• Options
    All I have to say is OUCH.  Doesn't sound like much you can do...unless they make mini bicycle/skateboarding helmets :).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe bumpers until he falls asleep? Then once he is asleep you could take them out.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just switched my guy to a packnplay for many sleeps cause he loves squeezing his legs in the rails... his nursery looks odd with both in there and its not ideally where I want him to sleep but he was getting suck and I saw too many red legs !!! Maybe an idea for you, just until our LOs pass this phase... (soon I hope)
  • Options
    They make individual bumpers now for each rail. I think they have them at targeting the US. Maybe try those.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    They make individual bumpers now for each rail. I think they have them at targeting the US. Maybe try those.

I saw these too and wondered them for you. So far DS hasn't hit his head on the crib rails for quite sometime. Before he learned to sit he would knock his head a bit, but I just raised the mesh bumper as high as I could and that seemed to be a good enough buffer.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options
    We are going to have to get the individual rail bumpers if he doesn't stop the acrobatics soon.  Poor little guy has bruises all of his head!  He keeps doing these standing spin moves to try to get from one side to another.   And then he tries to stand without holding on = face plant into the crib rails.  I think we have a child with no fear...
    Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Options
    mj0011 said:
    bubble520 said:
    I just switched my guy to a packnplay for many sleeps cause he loves squeezing his legs in the rails... his nursery looks odd with both in there and its not ideally where I want him to sleep but he was getting suck and I saw too many red legs !!! Maybe an idea for you, just until our LOs pass this phase... (soon I hope)
    Have you tried putting him in a sleep sack?
    oh yes.. he thinks anything covering his feet is a torture device..I have been cutting the feet off his pjs since size 3 months because he has hated he feet "trapped" since then... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"