February 2014 Moms
Options

I got a job!!!

I was just offered my first real grown up job and I accepted it!!! I have never held a position that paid more than minimum wage so I am super stoked!! I graduated in June with my Bachelors in criminal justice but have not been able to find anything until now. Starting September 30 I will be a full time state employee as a correctional officer. It will be hard to find a nanny for three kids and eventually the baby because DH and I work schedule will be completely different but I know we can make it work. Thanks for reading

Re: I got a job!!!

• Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats
  • Options
    Congratulations! I hope you're celebrating.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That's awesome news! A big congratulations to you!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies... Hubby and I plan to celebrate on Sunday since that is his only day off
  • Options
    Congrats!
    **Blog**
    *TTC #1* since Sept '11.
    BFP #1 2/26/12. C/P 3/1/12 
    Dx Oct '12: Hypothyroid, PCOS and blocked left tube.
    1500mg Metformin, 75mcg Synthroid
    Feb: 100mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= BFN
    March: 150mg Clomid + Trigger + TI= 4 mature follies- BFN 
    April: Unmedicated cycle due to vacation timing= BFN
    May: *IUI #1* Letrozole + Trigger + IUI=BFP!
    1st Beta (17dpo): 455  Progesterone: 40
    2nd Beta: (19dpo):  810  Progesterone: 37
    1st ultrasound 6 weeks 5 days: Twins!

• Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    Congrats and good luck at your new job!
    F14 January Siggy Challenge: Gym/Fitness Fails
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats!
  • Options
    Wonderful news!!!! Congrats!!!
  • Options
    Awesome!!! Do they know you'll be going on maternity leave?! Just started a federal government job and I'm so scared to tell them.
  • Options
    That's wonderful news, congrats!
    http://lb1f.lilypie.com/tPU3m8.png

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Congratulations! That first "real" paycheck will be awesome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Options
    That's great!! Congratulations!!!
    I'm a sinner saved by grace and a child of the Attitude Era (Oh you didn't know?!?)
    #OurBoyD-Bryan #TeamCrossRhodes #KnowYourRoll #ShutYourMouth 
    DD#1: 9/3/2004 Noelle Catherine
    DD#2: 1/26/2014 Faith Preston
    DC(dear cat?? lol): 6/5/2009 Shane Fitzgerald Kennedy
    I married my best friend <3 DH is my knight in shining armor! 

• Options
    Congrats!  (My major was criminal justice too!)
    Married July 2008
    IVF started Jan. 2013, 14 retrieved, 9 mature, 6 fertilized
    BFP #1: 3/18/13 MMC at 5 weeks
    BFP #2: 6/10/13  Thank God for our precious daughter! She's more than I could have asked for!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah! Good luck with your new job. I'm also starting a new job soon.

• Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • Options

Awesome!!! Do they know you'll be going on maternity leave?! Just started a federal government job and I'm so scared to tell them.

Not sure if they do know but my mother works at another institution and her warden said it won't matter, they can't discriminate against me for it and since I am not disabled in any way I will be fine
  • Options
    Congratulations that's so exciting. 
  • Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • Options
    gucciman3 said:
    Not sure if they do know but my mother works at another institution and her warden said it won't matter, they can't discriminate against me for it and since I am not disabled in any way I will be fine
    A correctional officer as in prison guard type of correctional officer?  That is a very physical job and I'm surprised that they would allow you on rotation at all while pregnant.  Do you have to go through the academy before they allow you to work?  Here you do. 

Wow.  I'm glad you are excited about it and hope it works out for you.
  • Options

gucciman3 said:

A correctional officer as in prison guard type of correctional officer?  That is a very physical job and I'm surprised that they would allow you on rotation at all while pregnant.  Do you have to go through the academy before they allow you to work?  Here you do. 

Wow.  I'm glad you are excited about it and hope it works out for you.
    I do have to go through a six week academy but I have went through something similar when I worked at a jail in Texas. The academy in Illinois is mon-Friday and I have to actually stay the night there and come home on weekends. There is no physical tactics or training, mostly just classroom work so it won't be a problem. I have already been trained on defensive tactics and chemical agents which does t even apply here, so I am over trained already. Basically a refresher
  • Options
    Wow, that's great! Congratulations :)
    F14 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Fail
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Congrats!!
    October Siggy Challenge "Scared People"
    BFP#1: 10-20-12 Missed M/C: 11-30-12
    BFP#2: 5-26-13 Due Date 2-2-14 
    COUNTDOWN BEGINS
    COMING 2-2-14
    BABY K