Food & Nutrition
Options

Picky 1 year old?

my DD just turned 1 this month, she is all of the sudden rejecting previously accepted foods. She has never been big on textures so ground chicken/turkey lean ground beef are never accepted. She used to eat pasta, rice but not anymore. She even turns down mashed potatoes. Just a phase? Any suggestions? She will continue to eat yogurt, scrambled eggs, toast(on and off with that) PB&J's cheese and fruit.I keep giving them to her hoping that she will start to eat them, plus that is what her pediatrician suggested to do. What she does is cautiously put it in her mouth, move it around and then it promptly gets spit out and then the rest of what she doesn't like is thrown on the floor .Needless to say our dogs are well fed lol! 

Re: Picky 1 year old?

• Options
    My son goes through phases with food. One day something is his favorite, the next he snubs it. Maybe he just gets bored of them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    It's a phase.  I've yet to meet/hear of a toddler who didn't go through a food phase, and many are right around the age of your daughter (we hit it hard around 13 months).  What you're doing sounds right on the mark - continue to offer and she'll likely pick something up eventually.  And that will be right around the time she decides she hates something else from her list of current favorites.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's a phase, do your best to ignore it and try not to play short order cook.  My pedi office always says the same thing, "Your job is to put healthy food in front of your child, their job is to decide how much to eat or if to eat at all."  When I read this it was so liberating.  It's like, I put the healthy food down and my job is done!  
  • Options
    My son has been in this phase for the last couple months. He LOVES green smoothies, so I know he's getting his daily fruits/veggies... but beyond that its a crap shoot what he'll eat! Every day is different and he responds differently depending who's feeding him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"