March 2014 Moms
Options

Odd cramp on my left side...

I got up to walk at lunch today and I have this odd cramping on my left side.... I haven't have a proper BM in awhile since taking Zofran... I have been taking Colace with it, but my (sorry TMI) BMs have been small... I am pretty sure that this is constipation cramps and hope that I pass something soon. I sound like an old lady talking about her BMs... LOL!! Should I be concern about the cramping or do you also feel it might be constipation cramps? Thoughts?
Nickie
Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)
Loving wife, best friend and teammate to Babywearing Daddy, Kelly (7.27.2000)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

Re: Odd cramp on my left side...

• Options
    I've had this too. It's really mild for me. I've found when I drink lots of water it helps. My doctor wasn't concerned.
    Officially started TTC January 2012
    Dx with PCOS November 2012
    2/2013 - First round of Femara - No O
    Took 2 months to get vaccinated from the chickenpox
    5/2013 - Second round Femara - No O
    6/2013 - Third round of Femara + HCG Trigger Shot = O!
    7/18/2013 - Found out I was pregnant
    Dx with Gestational Diabetes at 28 weeks
    Dx with Macrosomia at 33 weeks
    Taking Glyburide and Metformin to control GD
    Due date is March 29th but we are moving forward with a scheduled C-Section on March 25th

• Options
    Beware... I had that that last night from hardly having any BM's lately (nothing has helped) and taking 8 mg Zofran. I got in bed and seriously started having cramps so bad that they hurt worse than labor! I was in debilitating pain for well over an hour until the capful of milk of magnesia and full (nasty) glass of prune juice that I chugged kicked in. Worst pain of my life! I could actually hear bubbles in my stomach on the left side. Not sure the best ways to help it other than to eat lots of fruit. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am getting milk of magnesia and prune juice tonight. I need something and it is getting painful. I ate some prunes last night but it seems like it didn't do the trick.
    Nickie
    Proud Cloth Diapering, Babywearing Mommy to Desmond (5.30.2011) and Evangeline (2.26.2014)

Volunteer Babywearing Educator at Babywearing International of South Central Pennsylvania 

• Options
    I have had terrible pains on my low left side right before a hard BM. It really feels like a contraction feel but just in the side. Weird. It doesn't do it everyday - but only get relief when I #2:-) nice, huh?
  • Options
    The other day I got intense cramping for about two hours AFTER a BM. It was relieving but concerning. DH looked it up (so much for romance) and said it seems very common... Before and after.
  • Options

I am getting milk of magnesia and prune juice tonight. I need something and it is getting painful. I ate some prunes last night but it seems like it didn't do the trick.

GL! Just be careful when you take milk of magnesia (and get the cherry kind). It will clear you out but it's pretty sudden and nasty when it works. You don't want to take it before you have somewhere to go!

;)
  • Options

GL! Just be careful when you take milk of magnesia (and get the cherry kind). It will clear you out but it's pretty sudden and nasty when it works. You don't want to take it before you have somewhere to go!

;)
    Well I didnt get the cherry kind... but yes I can... uhum feel It working
    Nickie

• Options
    I hope you're feeling better!  I had those a few weeks ago and it was really not any fun at all.  Cheerios and coffee help me a lot!  Feel better soon!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"