Hello Ladies: sorry to be new here. — The Bump
Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Hello Ladies: sorry to be new here.

I am moving over from the April board, I am so sorry for all your losses.

It has been a difficult couple of days for us. I would have been 8 and 1\2 weeks along. On Sunday I started spotting on Monday we went in for an ultrsound there was no heartbeat. We were crushed, baby measured 6 weeks 5 days. We had seen our little beans heartbeating at 6 weeks 2 days.

Yesterday I was able to have a d&e. I was an add on case so waiting for hours. By that point my body was doing its own thing, it was the worst pain of my life, they gave me meds that helped.

Once I had got to the OR it was mostly ready to be taken. I was so scared to do this at home just wish I could have got in a few hours earlier, it took 3 hours of waiting from being addmitted to the OR.
Waking up I was so relieved no pain then the DR who did my procedure, told me right then, it was probably a chromosome issue and I had a 1 in 3 chance of this happening again!

She just crushed me, I was feeling so happy it was over, then so sad. It was like she ended my dream of having a healthy child. This was our first. I just turned 38 on Saturday.
My poor DH, she told him this too and asked him to re tell me as I may not remember, he was like." Please tell me you did not say that? This is what she most worries about". He was praying all the way up to recovery that I would not remember.

We are hertbroken, we know our baby is with God, we have support of family and friends, we will try again, and live in hope that we will have a healthy child.

One of the hardest things for me is seeing my husband so broken, we are together, sharing emotions for which I am thankful but its so hard. I miss my little Bean so much, I want him back. I am scared, sad, angry and exhausted.

I hope this board will be helpful, that I can be a support for you ladies and that we can help each other through this most difficult time.
BFP #1 7/25/13. MMC 8/26/13 8 weeks 5days Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BFP #2 11/5/13 chemical pregnancy 11/9/13 BFP #3 12/28/13 "Our HOPE baby"

Re: Hello Ladies: sorry to be new here.

• So sorry for your loss. I can't believe your dr. would say something like that! Mine have been extremely supportive. I was also told it was likely a chromosome issue but they told me the chances of having another miscarriage were no greater than before. I hope you are able to get the help and support you need from this board.
  • I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm sorry that the doctor told you that. My doctor also said that my chance of miscarriage again was also no greater than before that plenty of women will have miscarriages but go on to have a healthy pregnancy. This doc lacked bedside manner for sure, telling you right when you are coming out of anesthesia is wrong. Again so sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. I can't believe the doctor said that. It seems like such a flippant thing to say, how could she possibly know that without any testing? I'm sorry. :(

Missed m/c 4.2011 @ 11 weeks
    Early m/c 8.2013 @ 5 weeks

Married 2.2009

• ktlovess said:
    Emma2370 said:
    Waking up I was so relieved no pain then the DR who did my procedure, told me right then, it was probably a chromosome issue and I had a 1 in 3 chance of this happening again! 
    How can she even know this?? There is no way to guess this, and she should never have said this to you so soon after.
    What a bitch face.

This exactly. From what I understand a lot of miscarriages are due to chromosome issues and unless it happens 3 times, they don't usually say your chances are increased. ((Hugs))
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards