Trouble TTC
Options

what's next after trigger?

ok so for the first time, I had a follicle big enough to trigger and do TI. My RE has everyone (with PCOS) automatically start progesterone suppositories 3 days post trigger.  The nurse that called said that the next step was to continue to suppositories for 2 weeks and then a beta.  Should I be getting a 7days post-ovulation progesterone blood level?  I don't know if the supps will affect the p4 level, and I will call tomorrow to ask the RE nurse if I should schedule that lab - but what do you all think?

Also, I didn't have ANY side effects with the ovidrel trigger - I was hoping for some ovulation cramps - am I crazy?  yes of course :)
I can't help but still be down on myself that still isn't going to work - I just don't have a good feeling about this cycle.

thanks ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

Re: what's next after trigger?

• Options
    The suppositories will not be reflected in your progesterone blood draw. Good luck!
    CafeMom Tickers
     Anniversary
    TTC since July 2011
    BFP #1: 2/15/12-Ectopic/Mtx at 6 wks

BFP #2: 10/12/12-m/c at 5 wks. 
    BFP #3: 8/27/13
    Me: MTHFR, Low AMH (1.1), High NK cells and Antiphospholipid Antibodies.
    DH:MFI-Low morph (1%), DNA fragmentation: Excellent!
    5 rounds of clomid, 3 IUIs, and multiple non-medicated cycles- BFFN                                                      
    IVF with ICSI in August 2013 brought us our babies.  ER-9R, 7M, 4F w/ICSI  ET of 2-Grade 2 blasts. 
    + HPT at 6dp5dt. #1 (8dp5dt)- 105    #2 (13dp5dt)- 510  #3 (15dp5dt)- 960  #4 (17dp5dt)- 1889
    Dx shortened cervix, PTL, and preeclampsia during pregnancy.  Lots of medications and 13 weeks of bedrest, babies were born healthy at 34w4d!

imagehttp://oi44.tinypic.com/10dwifm.jpg
  • Options
    Hello! I just triggered today with Pregnyl and am hoping to get my BFP as well. A few years ago though I triggered with Ovidrel and didn't feel a thing but it did work cause I got pregnant that cycle but unfortunatly m/c at 6 weeks. But no your not crazy for wanting to feel something cause I feel that way now even though I know last time I only felt something while the follicle was growing..lol..Also this cycle and the cycle a few years ago I only got bloodwork a few days after I triggered to verify ovulation and then  a beta so it's not unusual to not get  7dpo bloodwork. Good luck to you and I hope you get your BFP this cycle!!

DH-26- no issues

Me-27- PCOS

Dec.2011- 50mg Clomid + Ovidrel +TI=BFP w/twins- m/c @6wks

Aug.2013- 100mg Clomid+ Pregnyl +TI=???

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    thanks monimu and Jennilynn.  good luck to you both - and congrats on your BFP monimu!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"