January 2013 Moms
Options

Separation anxiety at night (well, all the time)

Anyone else dealing with this? I'm fairly certain that's what the problem is because it's a huge deal during the day, too. I can't leave her ever. For example, our kitchen has a weird carpeted area right next to it and I leave her there to unload the dishwasher (so, 5 ft away) and she cries like it's the END of the WORLD. Immediately, too, like NOOooooo, Monmy's GOOONE! I basically wear her all day.

At night, she's waking up constantly and just wants me, not even to nurse, but just for me to hold her. She used to put herself to sleep but no more. I've been sleeping with her for about a week now because that's the only way I get any sleep, but I'm starting to lose my mind.

So, what say ye? Haha. I want to help her get through this and know that I will always come back, but if this is going to go on for months (esp at night) I may actually go crazy.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Separation anxiety at night (well, all the time)

• Options
    Oh, and she's fine otherwise. Not sick or teething. So yay for that!
  • Options
    No advice, but I think we might be going through something similar. Nighttime hasn't been too bad, but she won't go down for a nap in her crib all of the sudden, she just screams at the top of her lungs until she is picked back up. The only way she'll sleep at all during the day is in my arms, in the stroller, or in the car.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    According to the book, "The Wonder Weeks" (well, actually the app):  "Fussy and irritable behavior at around 29 or 30 weeks is not a telltale sign of another leap.  Your baby has simply discovered that his mommy can walk away and leave him behind.  Funny as it sounds, this is progress.  It is a new skill.  He is learning about distances."

This is exactly where DD is at right now developmentally.  She is OK if I go to the master bathroom, because she knows I'm still close.  She gets mad, though, if I leave the bedroom and go downstairs.
  • Options
    Hope we all start getting more sleep soon! Ya know, until the next thing comes up, haha.
  • Options
    Thankful we are not the only ones! DD has basically stopped crying, she just whines, and whines, and whines... She wants to be held all the time, and if you don't pick her up right when she lifts up her arms, she goes baserick. The crying, I could deal with, but this whining. We try to talk to her to calm her down, but literally sometimes the only way we can keep her from getting louder and louder is to just pick her up... and she automatically stops... 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #1 - DD conceived April 2012, born January 10, 2013 
    BFP #2 - DS conceived March 2013, born December 20, 2013
    Two babies, 11 months apart! We're in for a ride!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"