Preemies

Intro & question

Hello ladies I have a 25 weeker who was born on 8 June 2013. It has been a long road and we are still NICU but I can see some light at the end of the tunnel. He is now bottle & breast feeding, but he is having a hard time keeping moms milk down. When he spits it comes from his nose & mouth. So over the weekend they ran out of my milk, huge miscommunication, & gave him formula for sensitive stomachs & spitting. My lo had no spits for the day & half with it. Now he is getting 1/2 moms milk & 1/2 formula, with very minor spits. Have any of you experienced this with your babies and were you able to get them back to just moms milk?
I can't wait to be a mommy! BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Intro & question

• Congrats on your baby! I didn't have this particular problem, but could it be a sensitivity to something you are eating? Could he have a milk protein allergy, or something else in your diet irritating him?
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• He has been getting moms milk since they first started feeding him. Issues came after a blood transfusion. When they started feeding after a 24 hour break his feedings went from 35 minutes to 2 hours, with no spits. The spits really started during the process to wean him down from 2 hours 45 min.
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome! I agree that it could be reflux or something in your diet being aggravated by the faster feeds. Sometimes feeding can really be trial and error. 

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"