August 2012 Moms
Options

Holy crap, my kid is short!

W had his 1 year appt, and he hasn't grown in height since he was 9 months old. He's still 28", which makes him below the 5th percentile. Dr isn't worried, but I can't help but to worry a little.

Weight is great though. He gained 2 lbs since his 9 month appt, making him 24.8 lbs.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Holy crap, my kid is short!

• Options
    28.5" here! Shorties all around!
  • Options
    That just means your pockets will suffer later lol  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    28.5 over here too!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options
    Right there with you. DS was 28.5in at his appointment on Monday. This is the first time since he was born he has even made it on the chart at a whopping 7th percentile. He had a big growth spurt and gained 2 inches from his 9 month appt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    A whopping 26.5 inches here
  • Options

Lili too! And WTF she went from being like 75th percentile. I think the way they measure is very inaccurate. Mine just flippantly draws a line approximately where her head and feet are. A few cms here or there off and she's in a completely different percentile.

Same here. Noah is so wiggly there is no way it can be very accurate. I think he is actually taller than 30.5 inches. Next time they will have him stand to get his height.

Last time DD's height measurement was "taken" the doctor looked at her BMI chart and then at B and said, "we'll according to this she is obese but it's obvious by looking at her that she's not, so that height measurement must be wrong". He didn't change the stats though so a cursory glance at her history for our 12 month appt will show a history of obesity! Oy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    29 here.  We just have shorties.  I'm not surprised because I'm 4'11 and Dh is 5'8.  We aren't tall people.  My oldest was always the shortest as a baby, but in K he was the same height as everyone.  They all catch up to each other eventually.  Some grow earlier on, some later. 

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• Options

Lili too! And WTF she went from being like 75th percentile. I think the way they measure is very inaccurate. Mine just flippantly draws a line approximately where her head and feet are. A few cms here or there off and she's in a completely different percentile.

Same here. Noah is so wiggly there is no way it can be very accurate. I think he is actually taller than 30.5 inches. Next time they will have him stand to get his height.
    Last time DD's height measurement was "taken" the doctor looked at her BMI chart and then at B and said, "we'll according to this she is obese but it's obvious by looking at her that she's not, so that height measurement must be wrong". He didn't change the stats though so a cursory glance at her history for our 12 month appt will show a history of obesity! Oy.

Wait, what? There are BMI charts for...babies?
    imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian
  • Options
    Mina was 27 1/2" at her check up. She's pocket sized!
  • Options
    Dd was 28" around 12 months.
    I KNoW the height isn't accurate as my boss just had a baby and apparently the measurement thing at the hospital doesn't go past 22 inches but baby was born at 23" but they said 22 as the measurement didn't reach farther. I'm not worried about height, it's not like u can stretch them while they sleep. Lol
    lolololo
  • Options
    NeneCakiesNeneCakies member
    edited August 2013

Wait, what? There are BMI charts for...babies?

My pedi provides one. Weight vs Length along with them each alone and head circ. I see guidelines that BMI should start with age 2 so I guess I shouldn't worry about it.

Eta: it was more funny than worrisome that our pedi would use the term obese. B does have some "heft" to her but so did I and DH as babes and we're scrawny now.

• Options
    Eryn is 28 inches and 19 pounds. 
    She was born at 19 inches and 6 pounds 3 ounces.  She still fits in her infant car seat.  We are picking up our new vehicle tomorrow and when we do, we are getting all the seats reorganized and installed.  She is going into an RXT, which should fit her until 6 years rear facing or so.
  • Options
    Pocket sized meatball babies!!!! I want to squish them all! 

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Meatball babies! They're awesome!
  • Options
    28.5" here.  Our pedi uses a "Baby Box" to measure height.  They've actually got one that's over 50 years old on their wall that was passed down.  Basically, a box with sides only about 3 in high and a measuring stick down the middle.  They lay baby down with head against the top and stretch out his leg to see where he lines up.  Not sure if others use it, I hadn't seen it anywhere else we toured before LO, but seems pretty accurate.
  • Options

28.5" here.  Our pedi uses a "Baby Box" to measure height.  They've actually got one that's over 50 years old on their wall that was passed down.  Basically, a box with sides only about 3 in high and a measuring stick down the middle.  They lay baby down with head against the top and stretch out his leg to see where he lines up.  Not sure if others use it, I hadn't seen it anywhere else we toured before LO, but seems pretty accurate.

In my experience, they're still not accurate.
  • Options
    Summer was quite short at one, I believe about 27.5 inches.  At 7 and a half she is 49.5 inches tall.  It is all in her legs though.  She wears size 8 or 9 pants, and fits into size 4 or 5 shirts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"