LGBT Parenting

Roll Call

So I lurked during maternity leave, but I am having a hard time keeping everyone straight (ha!)

Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey? 

Are you carrying? Do you ever plan to? 

How many kids do you plan on having? 

What state/country do you live in? Is your marriage legal?

Re: Roll Call

• Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey? 
    We have a 8 week old son conceived by IVF (first try after a blocked tubes dx and almost a year of start and stop with the IVF protocol)

A will carry all of our children. I have no desire to. I am a fairly typical middle of the road "chapstick lesbian" but I am terrible at hormones, pain, and breastfeeding looks like no fun. Also A has an infertility dx so IVF/FET is partially covered by insurance and we would rather work with the body whose issues we understand that start over. 

We have 2 embryos on ice. Right now the thought of adding more humans to this craziness is overwhelming but I think we both hope we have at least one more. 

We moved to MA from MN partially because marriage is legal here. We were married in NY 8 weeks after it was legal there. Also, fun side note...A went into labor about an hour after DOMA was repealed. Still trying to figure out if I get to re-do my taxes :)

• Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey? DW and I have been charting and planning for almost a year now. We actively started trying this cycle. 

Are you carrying? Do you ever plan to? I am carrying due to DW's health history and career. 

How many kids do you plan on having? We are both okay with 1, but are not opposed to two. No more than two. 

What state/country do you live in? Is your marriage legal? We live in one of the many states where our marriage is not legal. 

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Loading the player...

Our LO is due next Feb so we are in early pregnancy :)

It was always planned that I would carry but after many frustrating failed attempts, my DP decided to have a go. Due to our donor going away for two months, we did a sort of last minute DIY at home without charting etc. it was a success.

One or two

I'm in Australia and unfortunately not legal
  • edited August 2013
    ETA: Deegadee, it's nice to see you back here!

Ha.  We just hit our 2-year TTC anniversary last month.  I've had 9 IUIs, a fresh IVF cycle, and a FET.  The fresh IVF cycle and FET cycle both resulted in BFPs, which both ended in miscarriage.  Currently finishing up RPL testing (so far, everything is normal) and planning another FET in October.

Yep.  My wife is not comfortable carrying a child.

The goal is 2, though I know a lot of people change their minds after 1!  At this point I would feel lucky to have 1.  We're putting 2 embryos in on the next FET, so there is a decent chance we will end up with twins -- although I wouldn't bank on both of them sticking around, given my history.  We have very consciously made decisions to avoid multiples throughout our TTC journey, but at this point the idea of finishing our family in one shot -- and being done forever with a process that has been absolutely miserable for me -- is appealing.

We live in MA.  We had a legal marriage in 2007.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    We have been TTC since early this year. Our first RE appointment was in February, and I had an HSG and other tests then before we got started. Our first IUI was in March. We have now had 5 unsuccessful IUIs, and we have decided to move to IVF (largely for financial reasons -- due to our insurance covering nothing, plus the cost of sperm, we have paid more for 5 IUIs than we would for a fresh IVF cycle). I do not have a fertility diagnosis; however, my RE could not offer us anything more with IUI that would increase the chances of success to more than 10-15% per attempt. Given the amount we had spent for 5, we made the difficult decision to move onto IVF at this point, given the much high chances of success. We are aiming for ER and fresh embryo transfer the 2nd/3rd week of September. I start stims on Aug 31st.
    I will be carrying our first. Beyond that, we are not sure. My wife does have interest in carrying, but I am not sure what we will decide beyond pregnancy number 1. Selfishly, I would love to carry all of our children, but I also do not wish to take the opportunity away from my wife. More discussion required!
    I would like 3. My wife would like 4. I think it will depend on our financial situation in the next 5 years and how easily or not we are able to have 1 or 2 children. It will also depend on whether or not there are twins somewhere in the mix. I would be open to 4 if we feel that we can afford to maintain our lifestyle and that we feel it is manageable and best for our family. With that said, I still saying 3 at the moment!
    We live in Philly. We were legally married last year in NY, but it is not currently recognized in PA where we live.

Me - 30, My wife - 31 , Together for 10 yrs - Married August 2012

5 medicated IUIs w/ RE (March - July 2013) = BFN

Fresh IVF Cycle in September 2013 resulted in 18 mature eggs, 16 fertilized, 12 made it to day 5. Transfer of 2 Grade A blastocysts on 9/15/13, and 10 embryos in the freezer!      *****BFP on 9/25/13 - betas: @10dp5dt = 232; @12dp5dt = 465; @15dp5dt = 1,581   *********William George born June 4, 2014*********
    Almost 7 months along with our baby boy.  We started TTC in March 2012.  Became pregnant with third IUI, but lost our boy at 13 weeks (TFMR due to T18 diagnosis).  Started TTC again this past January and became pregnant after the second (fifth overall) IUI.

I'll be carrying all our kids.  Wife isn't interested at all.  I would love to carry using her egg, but it's too much of a cost to incur considering I haven't had problems getting pregnant with IUI and my insurance doesn't cover any type of fertility treatment (except diagnostics and such).

For sure 2.  I may change my mind once our baby gets here, but I would like to have #1 and #2 a couple years apart.  I'll be 34 when the first is born and don't want to wait too long.  Plus, I would like the kids to be close in age like I am to my older brother and sister. I'm open to 3 as long as our financial situation allows.  Wife is pretty stuck on 2.  So, we'll see...

Live in Texas.  Married here in February 2012.  Haven't traveled to make it legal yet, but we will at some point.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • trisholiotrisholio member
    edited August 2013
    I have been on this board since Dec 2012 and I still can't keep everyone straight (haha no pun intended)

We are currently in the TWW of our #3 ICI, we are using a known donor and doing the inseminations at home.  But also seeing an RE for monitoring 

I will be the carrier for this one and probably any future children.  I would like my DW to carry one, but she doesn't have any interest in carrying a child.

I would like to have two bio children, and more foster children that we could possibly adopt

We live in Ohio, it is not legal here.  We traveled to NY in September 2011 and got marriage in Niagara Falls.   I can't believe its been almost two years!
    T & G My wife and I married 9/10/11 in Niagara Falls, NY
    HSG 12/12/12        
    #1 ICI 12/15/12              BFN on 12/29/12
    #2 ICI  1/11/13                BFN 1/28/13                       
    #3 ICI 2/11/13                 BFN

#4 ICI August 2013,  Clomid 100mg    BFN on 8/30/13 
    #5 ICI September-Clomid 100,  mg ICI 8/15 and 8/16,  BFN on 9/3
    #6 ICI October-Clomid 150 mg for 5 days   BFN 10/27
    uterine laparoscopy on 11/14-no endo or cysts
    #7 IUI December-Clomid 150mg    BFP 12/21
    12/23 Beta 51     12/26 Beta 209!
    First ultrasound on January 8th 2014-great healthy heartbeat
    Second Ultrasound January 23 (8 weeks) we got to see and hear the heartbeat
    Third Ultrasound Feb 4th(10 weeks), then will  released to OBGYN'
    It's a GIRL!
    We welcomed Adalyn Cooper Elizabeth on 8/29/14
    She was 7lbs 11oz and 19.6 inches long

Proud foster parents to two little girls ages 2.5 yrs old, M,  and 1 year old, K

• Where are you in your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey?
    We are waiting to inseminate on IUI #5. We started meeting with the RE in October 2012 did our first IUI in December 2012. We are using frozen, open ID, sperm bank donor sperm. My signature tells a bit more about our trials and tribulations.
    We have been doing IUIs with Manada's body, but she has diminished ovarian reserve, so we know the chances are significantly reduced on her getting pregnant with her own eggs. I had to have both fallopian tubes removed, so IVF is the only option for my body. We plan to move to IVF in late November with my body and my eggs.

M and I would both like to carry. If IVF is successful in November with embryos left to freeze, that plan would be that M would carry the second baby from a frozen embryo.

2 or 3. M and I both have two siblings so we like the idea of 3. But it will depend on a lot of things including finances, how easy the first two are (if we get two), frozen embryos, etc.
    Every time I see a parent or parents with 4 children, I get panicky and have to text M "4 is too many!" (She's not pushing for 4, but yet I feel a need to re-confirm it.)

Toronto, Canada. Yes, we got legally married on June 17 this year after our June 15 Love Party
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey? Newly pregnant: 4 weeks 5 days

Are you carrying? Do you ever plan to? I am carrying,my wife EV does not wish to carry

How many kids do you plan on having? We have 1 son who is about 13 months old, and are expecting #2. I have always said I wanted 2-3 kids so we'll see after this one.

What state/country do you live in? Is your marriage legal? We live in California, and marriage is legal
  • 1) I'm currently 4dpiui... First one.  So I'm in the beginning of the 2-week wait. 

2) I'm the designated carrier - voluntarily!  This is an experience unique to women and I always wanted to know what it was like to carry a baby.  I'm willing to experience everything, the good and the bad.  DP on the other hand is allergic to pain so she won't carry unless she HAS to.  So far I think I'm capable but time will tell.  I don't have any known fertility issues and am in good health.

3) We'll probably have two.  Crossing my fingers for twins!  I kiiiiiiiiiiiind of want three, just because we're both from three sibling households and she and I are the only ones who are fully competent adults in our 30's.  What if we have two and one of the kids don't step up to lead the family when we're dead?  Silly worry, I know, but still...

4) Indiana, USA.  Nope, not legal.  DP and I have decided not to get married until it is actually legal.  I don't see the point otherwise.  I'm confident we'll be able to get married eventually, probably within the next decade.  We'll do it when we're able :)

• 1. We are 7dpiui. This was our first IUI.

2. I will be carrying. C has no interest at all in carrying...I have asked multiple times just to make sure.

3. We would like to have 2 kids at this point. I grew up an only child and she has 3 siblings so our experiences are very different.

4. We live in Western NY and our marriage is legal. We were married on 9/29/13.

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

• 1. I am 23 weeks right now. I was lucky and got pregnant with my first IUI. :)

2. I am carrying my first and only child due to my age.

3. I am in Texas... Enough said lol

BabyFetus Ticker

• Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey?  We are currently 27 weeks pregnant with our first.  We conceived on our 3rd IUI, unmedicated but with monitoring and trigger.  

Are you carrying? Do you ever plan to? I am carrying and will carry all our children.  My wife has little interest in carrying and has been THE BEST support person this pregnancy.  So, we plan to keep these roles when we do it again.  

How many kids do you plan on having? At least 2, maybe 3.  

What state/country do you live in? Is your marriage legal? We live in Missouri, we were legally married in Iowa but it is not recognized here.  
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • Where are you on your PCP/TTC/Parenting journey? Currently basically at 36 weeks. Conceived on 4th iui with first femara cycle.

Are you carrying? Do you ever plan to? I'm carrying. DP is not suited for it

How many kids do you plan on having? At least 2, maybe 3. We'll see.

What state/country do you live in? Is your marriage legal? TN so def not legal but we're as buttoned up as possible and after the adoption (thankfully allowed in our state) we will both be on the official birth certificate. It's a little sad that I feel like that's a huge victory, but I think it is considering some states don't even allow that. We did have a ceremony in Hawaii for us though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • So I lurked during maternity leave, but I am having a hard time keeping everyone straight (ha!)

We have an 8 week old baby boy conceived on our 5th IUI.

I carried the baby, my wife has no desire to carry, but would if I couldn't for some reason.

We are undecided. 

We live in Colorado, and Civil Unions are legal. We got one 9 days before our baby arrived :)
    IUI #1 - 10 April 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #2 - 05 May 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #3 - 05 July 2012 unmonitored and unmedicated with RE 
    IUI #4 - 30 August 2012 medicated and monitoredLetrozole and Ovidrel Trigger 
    IUI #5 - 27 September 2012 Letrozole 
    BFP! 9 October 2012 Betas:- 12DPO 16; 16DPO 96; 18DPO 315

Baby Alarico born on 28 June 2013!!

• I'm late to the party, but I sometimes just let H post for us both ;)

We are still TTC, and having a roller coaster of a time with it.   The history is in our signatures.   We are currently planning an IVF cycle for H. in the fall, and in the meantime doing a couple last IUI's with me to just have a last ditch shot at it before we concede to my DOR altogether.

We started with a plan for me to carry first and H to carry 2nd.  Then it flip-flopped a few times as different infertility related diagnoses were thrown at us.   Currently the plan is to keep going to see if we get it with me this Fall, then have H carry our first via a fresh IVF transfer (her eggs), and to do as many FETs into her as possible to get our first baby.   If we have embryos left over I will try to carry the 2nd via a FET with any leftover embryos (if they exist). 

If the IVF doesn't work out we will have to do a lot of soul searching around our next steps and what we want to do.  

Ideally we would have 3.   I think right now we are mostly focused on 2 though.  Neither one of us necessarily wants only one, but if it works that way then so be it.

We're in Ontario.   Our marriage is legal here, and just happened this past year.   I feel very fortunate that our marriage is recognized and that we have greatly benefited from it already in terms of benefits, immigration, and other things.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"