Parenting after a Loss
Options

Q for Repeat C-Section Mommas, if we have any (martinimomma)

I lurk on the c-sections board, and have read on other sites, that the second c-section is somehow "easier" than the first.  This makes zero sense to me, and I am dreading (with a capital DREAD) my repeat section 2 weeks from tomorrow (eek!). Not the part about safely meeting my breech LO, which of course makes it all worth it and then some, but just the recovery period.  My first recovery was not great, took a looooong time, and I was not close to "back to normal" for many months.  And that is without an infection or other complications -- I had none of those, but it just took a long time to heal, I had a LOT of pain, and was much more debilitated than I expected.

But putting that aside, part of me wants to believe the hype (or convince myself of it) particularly since I will have a 23 month old too, and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how to deal with it all otherwise.  (And yes, I probably should have thought about this before now, but now is the perfect time for some last-minute anxiety, right?  I'm also having nightmares about cord accidents, so you can tell that my brain is on a negativity overdrive lately).

If you have BTDT with more than one c-sectoin, whatever your experience, I'd like to hear it.  Thanks.

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
BFP #2 2/2011
Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Q for Repeat C-Section Mommas, if we have any (martinimomma)

• Options
    No experience with the C-Section but I just wanted to say "Holy mother! Two weeks?! Ahh!! Good luck!!!!"
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options
    martinimommamartinimomma member
    edited August 2013

esd said:
    My c/s with DS was much easier than with DD. Did you labor before your c/s before? That is what made the difference for me. With DD I was in labor for 16 hours before and with DS it was just scheduled. I was much more rested and more aware. I was still in some pain after with both. Stay on top of pain meds and try to take it easy (which I know is hard when you're chasing after another LO)

Thanks esd. My first csection was also planned for breech, I can't imagine what shape I would have been in if I'd labored first. I did probably skimp a bit on pain meds and won't make that mistake this time.

BFP #2 2/2011

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    No experience with the C-Section but I just wanted to say "Holy mother! Two weeks?! Ahh!! Good luck!!!!"

I know. Seriously. It totally snuck up on me. Now I'm just crossing my fingers I don't go into labor before then! I have so much to do to wrap up at work and we move back into our house on Friday.

BFP #2 2/2011

• Options

I know. Seriously. It totally snuck up on me. Now I'm just crossing my fingers I don't go into labor before then! I have so much to do to wrap up at work and we move back into our house on Friday.
    Oh, yay! I know you were concerned about not being able to move back before the new LO was born. I know it is not all that great to move right now but hopefully it will give you guys enough time to get settled before your c/s.
    My Chart

My Life

BFP 7.7.09 - CVS 9.10.09 (Girl) - 9.24.09 Severe Fatal Malformation - D&E 10.7.09 @ 17wks
    BFP 6.1.10 - 6.10.10 Ectopic M/C @ 5wks
    BFP 10.26.10 - 10.29.10 CP
    BFP 1.30.11 - CVS 3.28.11 (Girl) - EDD 10.11.11 - Born 10.6.11
    BFP 12.18.12 - 12.20.12 CP
    BFP 3.18.13 - CVS 5.21.13 (Girl) - EDD 12.2.13 - Born 11.24.13
    BFP 6.10.14 - CVS 7.2.14 (Girl) - EDD 1.12.15 - Born sleeping 8.6.14 @ 17w5d
  • Options
    No c/s advice, just had to say...

Holy cow, you're full term?!?!

:)

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Options
    I don't have any experience but I wanted to tell you GOOD LUCK and that I am sure everything will be just fine.  It does make sense to me logically speaking that your recovery would be easier.  If only because you have BTDT, and your body has BTDT.  Like how the second vaginal delivery is usually quicker and easier, because you're all stretched out down there ("like wizard sleeve"), so it makes me think the same would have to be true with a C-section.  I don't know, I'm not very sciencey, so take that with a grain of salt.  Plus I just said your vagina was like a wizard's sleeve, so that's pretty rude ;)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• Options

No experience but another person chiming in with a "how the fluck did you get to be full term already?"  Wow. 

You're team green again, right?  I know you'll be happy to hear this since I know you were very concerned about my sanity while you're going through pregnancy with a toddler and a house remodel but your speedy pregnancy has made my suspicions and excitement about team green WAY more bearable this time. :)  So thank you for that.

November 2010 - 10.5 week loss  o:) 
    October 2011 - DS (7)  <3 
    July 2014 - Stillborn DD (24 weeks)  o:) 
    August 2015 - DD (3)  <3 
    April 2018 - 5 week loss o:) 

• Options
    I had a rcs 7 weeks ago.. I would say by 2 weeks I was back to doing everything.. Including carrying 24lb DS1 up and down the steps.. However, on days when I did a lot, I definitely felt sore.. It's hard to compare though because my first c/s wasn't bad either, and I labored beforehand.. But, Ds1 was a NICU babe, so that sort of forced me to focus on him and do a whole lot way earlier.. With Ds1 by the time I left the hospital, I was moving around fine and virtually pain free as long as I took the Motrin every 6 hours... I'm sorry your experience the first time was tough.. I hope this time recovery is much smoother!! Do you have help planned for the first few weeks you are home? I had DH with me for 3 weeks... That, too, probably made a huge difference as I wasn't doing the stairs half a dozen times a day and I wasn't constantly carrying DS1.. Good luck, Momma!! Eels on 2 weeks away!!!
    Loss #1: 18w5d.. D&E 04Mar03 BFP #2: Jun2011.. missed miscarriage. D&C 08Jul2011 8w4d. BFP #3: Nov2011.. Our Rainbow Baby!!! DS Born: 15Jul2012! BFP #4: Nov2012.. 2U1 - DS2 born 12Jul2013.  BFP #5: 01Jan2014..3U3!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

My blog about raising 2U2!
  • Options

Thanks ladies!  Helpful feedback. 

VSGTO and Junebug, my homegirls, thanks for the responses and yes these past few weeks have flown and I can't believe I'm technically full term.  No one tell LO, as I want he or she to keep cooking until we move back to the house and I finish up at work! 

DIllingr, good point about not being able to lie around.  That will not be an option this time that's for sure!

Peanut, always better to have a wizard sleeve vag than a clown car vag, right?

Lindsey, so glad my pregnancy has flown by for you (ha ha).  It has for me, too.  And yes, we are team green again...but it has been a very different pregnancy than with G, so I am betting girl on this one.  We'll see in 2 weeks!

JulyMomma, I'll have DH home with me for a few days and the nanny will be there to help with G (who is in such a mommamommamommamomma phase right now he is going to want me despite her presence) so that should really help.  I just need to also let them do things for me (I am a stubborn old broad) and take my pain meds!  Easier said than done!

BFP #2 2/2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"