TTC After a Loss

Do we have any writers out there?

What do you write?
How often do you write?
Do you have anything published?

I write fiction - mostly novels and short stories. I write just about everyday. Some days I force myself to write and other days I wish i could write all day. I'm very private about my writing, especially since my losses. I guess I feel like emotions are all over the place, ya know, and I wonder if it comes out in my writing too. I have one thing published. It's a poem and it's in a compilation.
  Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage image
~*~Everyone is welcome~*~
imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image 

Re: Do we have any writers out there?

• I have an MFA in Creative Writing.  I concentrated on poetry, but ended up straying from it after graduation and I've barely written anything since.  A poem I wrote in college, which won an award for college writers, was later published in an anthology put out by the Academy of American Poets, but otherwise nothing has been published as I haven't been writing or submitting.

I think all the time about starting a blog just to give me an outlet for writing again, but in an age when EVERYONE has a blog, it seems a little cliched.  I should write more, though!
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Very cool that you have something published! I love writing! I'm a nerd. I love researching and writing research articles. I wrote several research papers in college that my professor told me to publish, but I was a lazy little shit in college and didn't follow through. Still kicking myself in the butt! I used to write adoption homestudies that are pretty much 20 page life stories about a couple/ family looking to adopt. I loved that and may get back into that someday. I also wrote articles on child development for a website a while ago. I would love to get back into writing for pleasure instead of for work. Maybe this recent career change will allow me to do that :)

BFP #1: 3/23/13, EDD: 11/22/13, MC: 4/2/13
    Convinced it was a boy and missing him every day!
    BFP #2: 10/25/13, EDD: 7/3/14, Grow baby Grow! Anabelle Rose born 6/6/14 

image     image

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic August Siggy Challenge: If Babies Could Talk
  • Loading the player...
  • I love that we have some writers here! 
  • Hi, I know I am so new (like, Intro thread two posts down new) but I wanted to jump in. I majored in Creative Writing, trained to be a literary agent, and worked as a professional editor for a literary magazine and some YA and trade nonfiction publications. Right now I work FT outside of publishing while still freelancing as an editor on the side. I still write but it's mostly nonfiction and I never show anyone. I have had some poetry published. If any of you want to share/talk about your writing I am so into it. 
    September Siggy Challenge

Married 10/16/2010  || TTC since 06/13
    BFP July 15, 2013; EDD April 5th, 2014 
    MMC; D&C August 21 || currently TTA

• Hi, I know I am so new (like, Intro thread two posts down new) but I wanted to jump in. I majored in Creative Writing, trained to be a literary agent, and worked as a professional editor for a literary magazine and some YA and trade nonfiction publications. Right now I work FT outside of publishing while still freelancing as an editor on the side. I still write but it's mostly nonfiction and I never show anyone. I have had some poetry published. If any of you want to share/talk about your writing I am so into it. 
    Based on initial findings, I think you and I are going to get along well.
  • Hi, all. I majored in English with a Writing emphasis. I was mostly interested in poetry and creative nonfiction. I had a few poems published in smaller regional anthologies, and for my internship I helped my adviser edit an anthology of travel poems. 

Sadly, I don't do any creative writing now. I did my MS in communications, and all the academic writing left me feeling not-so-creative. I do corporate/PR writing at my job, which can sometimes be creative. But not the same. I did just write a short piece for my former grad school adviser's soon-to-be published textbook on PR management. But I wouldn't call it creative, either.

I miss the days of workshopping and connecting with other writers. I don't have any pieces to share these days, but if any of you ladies felt like doing so, I would love to see your work.
  • Hi, all. I majored in English with a Writing emphasis. I was mostly interested in poetry and creative nonfiction. I had a few poems published in smaller regional anthologies, and for my internship I helped my adviser edit an anthology of travel poems. 

Sadly, I don't do any creative writing now. I did my MS in communications, and all the academic writing left me feeling not-so-creative. I do corporate/PR writing at my job, which can sometimes be creative. But not the same. I did just write a short piece for my former grad school adviser's soon-to-be published textbook on PR management. But I wouldn't call it creative, either.

I miss the days of workshopping and connecting with other writers. I don't have any pieces to share these days, but if any of you ladies felt like doing so, I would love to see your work.
    This. I never thought I would miss workshopping, but I really do. Even though  I should hold out for pay since I'm a freelancer, I read people's stuff for free all the time because I just love it so much. 

• @uneek1323  Yup :) 

• edited August 2013

@ball.and.chain

Way belated congrats on that poetry MFA & publication, the Academy of American Poets is no joke. It sucks that blogging became so cliched especially because many bloggers don't have admirable writing skills. Several times I tried to start a blog and failed. I tell myself that it's because my job is political in nature and it's so hard to blog anonymously but that might be a little excuse I hide behind.  If you start a blog I promise to stalk it and comment :) 

• I majored in English in college.  Most of my life I mainly wrote poems (one was published when I was 10 but it is soooooo cheesy, but hey...I was 10! Haha) I just recently in the last 6 years or so have been trying to complete longer works.  I wrote a memoir that was supposed to be published in a compilation but it never went anywhere. I used to freelance for 2 websites, just writing articles. 

From 2008 to 2012 I worked for a TV Station and worked for their News Department as a writer for the 11pm news broadcast.  I mainly wrote short 15 second promos and 30 second stories every night.  The station was sold to CBS in March 2012 and 90% of us were laid off. 

My focus lately is a novel that I started as a NANOWRIMO project.  It stands for NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth.  It starts every November 1st and the goal is to write 50,000 words in one month and in 2011 I actually did it!!!  I haven't really touched it since...once I was laid off I was in sort of a bad place and I haven't felt much like myself to get back into it.  We just bought a house so once all of that settles down and I can be at peace with a lot of stuff that has happened lately I will get back to it.

It's great there are so many writers here!!  We should do a check-in...like a work in progess thing...keep all of us motivated. 
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• I love to write. I don't have anything published. I've completed two novels, and have a ton started. The one's I've finished are young adult/fantasy...and need a ton of editing!! I also like to write poetry.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• HeyMrsPotterHeyMrsPotter member
    edited August 2013
    Tappin2B said:
    I majored in English in college.  Most of my life I mainly wrote poems (one was published when I was 10 but it is soooooo cheesy, but hey...I was 10! Haha) I just recently in the last 6 years or so have been trying to complete longer works.  I wrote a memoir that was supposed to be published in a compilation but it never went anywhere. I used to freelance for 2 websites, just writing articles. 

From 2008 to 2012 I worked for a TV Station and worked for their News Department as a writer for the 11pm news broadcast.  I mainly wrote short 15 second promos and 30 second stories every night.  The station was sold to CBS in March 2012 and 90% of us were laid off. 

My focus lately is a novel that I started as a NANOWRIMO project.  It stands for NAtional NOvel WRiting MOnth.  It starts every November 1st and the goal is to write 50,000 words in one month and in 2011 I actually did it!!!  I haven't really touched it since...once I was laid off I was in sort of a bad place and I haven't felt much like myself to get back into it.  We just bought a house so once all of that settles down and I can be at peace with a lot of stuff that has happened lately I will get back to it.

It's great there are so many writers here!!  We should do a check-in...like a work in progess thing...keep all of us motivated. 
    Ooh, I have heard of this , and I love the idea. 50,000 words is no small feat. congrats on finishing that challenge. ..And on the new house!

edited typos
  • Qfrump said:
    This article refers specifically to academic writing, but I think the concept is pretty broad.  Interesting strategy!

I haven't read the whole thing yet, @Qfrump but this looks like a great article. The 10 ways to write everyday is particularly useful.
  • I just wanted to say how jealous I am of you ladies. I've always wished I could write. Our program was Writing Literature. It has since been separated into two majors. I was such a fish out of water because I can't write to save my life but I love reading, literary criticism, and language. I'm always impressed with creative writers. Lately I have been writing for my blog and found it an amazing venue to focus my thoughts and feelings. That's about the extent of my writing these days. But I will say I had a pretty badass Lit Crit final paper my senior year!    ;)

THE DARK SIDE IT IS

and GBCB

BFP 8/2/12 EDD 4/9/13 Addie was delivered 1/4/13 at 26 weeks due to Eclampsia  

BFP 9/15/14 EDD 5/28/15 Please be our R A I N B O W take home baby BOY
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimageimage
    ~All AL always welcome~

• Ooh, I have heard of this , and I love the idea. 50,000 words is no small feat. congrats on finishing that challenge. ..And on the new house!

edited typos
    Thanks!!  It was definitely a challenge.  They have a FB page and you can go on there and always find someone wanting to do a write off (as many words as you can in ___ minutes)  Those were a big help!!
    "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Helen Keller

MAY '15 DEC. SIGGY CHALLENGE- FAV. CHRISTMAS MOVIE

Dating- 3/1/1999 ~ Married- 10/10/2004
    DD#1- Sweet Pea ~ Born on her Due Date 3/1/2007
    DD#2- Pumpkin ~ Due 9/29/2010 Arrived 10/1/2010

~ BFP: 6/12/2013 EDD: 2/21/2014 NT Scan: 8/5/2013 (11w3d) MMC D&C: 8/8/2013 ~

~BFP: 3/15/2014 EDD: 11/24/2014 CP 4 weeks 4 days ~

~BFP: 7/2/2014 EDD: 3/15/2015 CP 4 weeks ~

~BFP: 8/31/2014 EDD: 5/10/2015

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersimageimage
    *All are Welcome*

• Poppy715 said:
    I just wanted to say how jealous I am of you ladies. I've always wished I could write. Our program was Writing Literature. It has since been separated into two majors. I was such a fish out of water because I can't write to save my life but I love reading, literary criticism, and language. I'm always impressed with creative writers. Lately I have been writing for my blog and found it an amazing venue to focus my thoughts and feelings. That's about the extent of my writing these days. But I will say I had a pretty badass Lit Crit final paper my senior year!    ;)
    I failed Lit Crit the first time I took it, so I have to say the jealousy is all mine. 

• Add me to the list of writers, although the only thing I've been writing lately are papers for my doctoral work... dissertation is due in 3 years.  Sounds like forever, but it's really not. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • We could do a Works in Progress, but I don't think weekly is necessary. Maybe monthly? We could share excerpts from something we're working on, ask for feedback, help each other out of a tough spot. Do you all feel comfortable doing it here, for everyone to see?
  • edited August 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love this thread! I constantly write fiction novels, which I lose focus on and never finish:( Regardless, I love to read and write, always have. It's an amazing type of therapy for me. Glad to see there's a lot of others with similar interests.
    3 MCs
    1 Rainbow Baby: Born 4/4/15
    BFP: 4/23/17  EDD 1/5/18

• @ball.and.chain

Way belated congrats on that poetry MFA & publication, the Academy of American Poets is no joke. It sucks that blogging became so cliched especially because many bloggers don't have admirable writing skills. Several times I tried to start a blog and failed. I tell myself that it's because my job is political in nature and it's so hard to blog anonymously but that might be a little excuse I hide behind.  If you start a blog I promise to stalk it and comment :) 
    Thanks!  Yeah, one of my pet peeves is bad blog writing.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"