Birthday Parties
Options

Birthday cake (XP)

Where did you get LO's birthday cake? I have a specific idea in mind for LO's smash cake but don't think grocery store chains can do what I'm looking for and I can't find what seems to be a good bakery locally. So, did you use a bakery? Have someone bake it for you? Do it yourself? Grocery store chain? Looking for ideas. Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Re: Birthday cake (XP)

• Options
    I always do my own cakes. I'm certainly no professional, but I'm decently creative, and in my opinion, a homemade cake makes a nice charming personal touch. Don't be afraid to give it a try!
  • Options
    I've always done my own cakes too.  I don't have much skill in working with frosting, but I've been able to create what I want with print outs, a straight line and star tube.  Though for DD's first I did cupcakes instead of a smash cake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Market Street, United, Wholefoods, Central Mkt-upscale markets with bakeries usually provide a smash cake for free with purchase of a sheet cake.
  • Options
    For the first birthday I made the cake and a small smash cake for the little guy.  That way I could control size/decoration/etc.

This year I'm having my favorite bakery take care of it, but haven't decided on a cake versus cupcakes.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I DIY cakes. But I'm pretty good at it. I'm doing a smash cake that looks like a tree truck with a rabbit going into a hole at he bottom on it for my DDs party. And then cupcakes for the rest, and I am just using pics In them instead of trying to decorate them all. This is a fairly large party, if it were smaller I would have made fondant toppers. You can buy printable cupcake toppers and also premade fondant ones on Etsy though, if you were interested in that route.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards