Multiples

Two year olds and destruction

My girls are almost two and they are literally dismantling my house.  I think things are pretty babyproofed but maybe I'm fooling myself.  This morning I sat them on the sofa with milk in sippie cups and Edy got off and pulled my purse off a table and pulled out band-aids and scattered them all around the room, Audrey went into another room (I thought the door was closed) pulled out our fully packed pool bag and scattered the contents everywhere and all that happened in about one minute while I had walked out of the room.  It goes on all day like that.  Is this just two year olds or am doing something really wrong? We do have a small playroom where most of their toys live but they really prefer to be in our main living room.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Two year olds and destruction

• That sounds exactly like my 2 year olds.  You are not alone!
  • typical. all. day!
    This week, mine have figured out how to remove the baby-proof wall outlet plugs and pop open the knob covers on my gas stove.  Then they got into my Kindergartener's school work basket at the back of the kitchen counter (still trying to figure out how they got to it) and destroyed some of her first day's worksheets. good times.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  image

Lilypie - (9CKY)Lilypie - (xzY1)

• Loading the player...
  • My boys are busy too- which is why they have limited access to the rooms in our home.  I had baby gates on every room. This limited their movements and kept them safe.  We have only recently removed the gate to their room and the master bedroom (I changed the door knob on the master bath to one that you have to have a key to unlock , so they can't get in there).  With one child I probably would not of had so many gates- but with two and a large house I needed to know where they both were at all times.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"