Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gripe water

I am considering starting to use gripe water for my dd who is almost eight weeks old to help with her fussiness and gas. I am interested in other's experiences with it, did it help or not? Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gripe water

• We've used it a couple of times and it did seem to help.
    Anniversary

• Ditto PP suggestion of gas drops, they worked wonders. My pediatrician told us that glass has been found in gripe water. Just a heads up & maybe check with yours before using it.

DS1-7/21/2011 @ 1:51am

DD-5/29/2013 @ 2:40pm

DS2-5/29/2013 @ 3:21pm

#4 EDD- 9/28/2016

• Loading the player...
  • kmvwkmvw member
    2013mommy said:

I didn't find it helped with gas. But if he ever had hiccups for a really long time I would give it and it would make them stop almost immediately. We had better luck with gas drops overall for gas/fussiness though. 

Thank you I was debating if gas drops were better or if gripe water was.

• We use gas drops for LO all the time and they seem to really help. We also use gripe water when he seems to be really gassy/hurting and the gas drops just aren't doing it. Also I love that they get rid of hiccups. If you get gripe water make sure you get te kind tht doesn't have to be refrigerated. That way you can throw it in the diaper bag and don't have to worry about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I give my daughter gripe water 4 times a day before feedings. (First thing in the am, mid morning, mid afternoon, last feeding) .dr recommended giving it to her to be preventative with her gas, rather than reactive...she was very uncomfortable due to her gas pains. Most of the time is makes a world of difference! I was worried that I was giving it too much,but dr assured me its ok and good to do if it helps.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It works wonders for my LO...There's only been one time that it didn't work with gas pains and that was bc LO was constipated.  It's magic for us!  I hope you experience the same luck! :)
  • 2013mommy said:

I didn't find it helped with gas. But if he ever had hiccups for a really long time I would give it and it would make them stop almost immediately. We had better luck with gas drops overall for gas/fussiness though. 

Agree! My LO had hiccups everytime I gave him gripe water...
    I switched to gas drops and that worked better
  • My pedi suggested gripe water for hiccups. It has been a lifesaver! LO hates hiccups and gets really mad. Gripe water gets rid of them immediately 9 times out of 10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"