Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Feeding issue

My DS is 10 weeks old and in the last week or so he has become more difficult to feed. We are bottle feeding him. We make 6 ounces he drinks the first 3 ounces easy, no problem. The rest of the bottle, he moves around, he pushes it out, he acts like he doesn't want it. So, I take the bottle out and then he cries and acts like he wants it back. This goes on for the rest of the bottle what use to take 30 minutes, at the most, now takes an hour. He will also occasionally cry while he is eating. We have not changed anything, bottles and formula are still the same.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeding issue

• Options
    No he has been fine.
  • Options
    How often are you feeding him? I'm BFing but I've read you shouldn't give a FF baby more than 32 oz a day... At 6 oz per feeding that's only 5 feedings a day, which doesn't seem like very many. Maybe LO is full, but still wants to comfort suck or be held or something?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    He gets burped multiple times. He has about 6 bottles a day, but usually around 4-5 ounces. He doesn't always drink all 6 ounces.
  • Options
    How often does he eat?!? 6 oz at a time is a lot for a ten week old!

I would try giving him a pacifier once he stops eating. He might just want the comfort from sucking, not the milk.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• Options
    My LO always acts like this due to burps. It can take a LONG time for her to get all the burps out. She will burp, but then still fuss and detach herself when feeding, so we try again and out comes another burp!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"