October 2012 Moms
Options

s/o Storing Stuff - getting rid of stuff

In our life plan we have completed our family.  2is starting to out grow things - snap and go, swing, bouncy, and clothes.  Lots of the clothes and other items friends gave to me because their families were complete.  I would like to pass on the love but have no friends who are currently pg with their first.  My bff wants to get pg soon - but who knows.  Due to space issues and my general nature to like things uncluttered I want to get rid of things asap.  Do I hold on to specific items for friend, sell what I can and give her the money, tell if she wants stuff come get it now (but she has space issues too),  put things back in the attic (though not a lot of space in there), just donate everything and call it a day.  WWYD?  Am I over thinking - probably?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: s/o Storing Stuff - getting rid of stuff

• Options
    Donate donate donate or sell if it isn't to much of a hassle but I wouldn't give her the money. I would just get her a nice baby shower gift.
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    I'm part of a local FB group where you can sell your gently used items to other moms in the area...I think i'll post my stuff there when i'm done.  But before that I would ask anyone who I think may need it (like your friend) that it's available until this date, if they want to pick it up and keep it for themselves, otherwise you're going to sell it.  I also wouldn't give your friend the money from your sales...maybe buy her something nice when it's her time, but not give her the money from selling your used stuff...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Selling things on Craigslist has been easy-peasy for me.  I have sold a number of DS's things already (RnP, activity gym, some toys, sleep sheep, baby bjorn, k'tan, newborn cloth diapers, mobiles).  Like PP said, sell the things and use the $ to buy your BFF a nice shower gift.  Since both of you have space issues, it's really not worth the trouble to save the gear.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Options
    Sell on CL! I have great luck with this.
    Birthday

• Options
    Ask your friend if she wants the stuff and to store it for her future baby, if not then sell it and keep the money for yourself to purchase new baby stuff or something nice for yourself. My BFF asked me almost two years ago after her last one if I wanted some of her baby stuff, even though we weren't having a baby yet, I had the space so I took it and stored it, a year later I got pregnant, I still have her stuff, she had all girls I had a boy just in case we have a girl in the future. 

• Options
    I sold our jumperoo a few weeks ago and it's like we got our life back, lol. J/k but we for sure got our dining room back! The play pen is on dh's shot list but I maintain we still need it.
    Birthday

• Options
    Mrs.G123 said:

I sold our jumperoo a few weeks ago and it's like we got our life back, lol. J/k but we for sure got our dining room back! The play pen is on dh's shot list but I maintain we still need it.

Our dining room contains the swing the bouncer a boba wrap a baby bajorn and a shopping cart cover. I really want my dining room back.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We started selling some things a few months back when we were moving. Now we've accumulated more of LOs clothes and a few other things that he's outgrown and we've started to list them on CL. We're done with having kids...we wanted two boys and that's what we've got so we're happy. I would suggest selling/donating. You never know how long that stuff is going to sit in your house!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"