Trouble TTC

XP from IF: Back from WTF appointment and we have a plan

Twinkie0612Twinkie0612 member
edited August 2013 in Trouble TTC
My WTF appointment and it went pretty much how I expected it to go. My RE described our last cycle as a "terrible IVF cycle" and he doesn't have any explanation for what went wrong. He said given my AMH and my age I should be producing lots of good quality eggs and that the embryologist said DH's sperm looked good, so there is no reason why this shouldn't work. He even said that if he didn't think that IVF would work for us he wouldn't be recommending it.

He thinks that we had the right protocol, but that I needed higher stims since we only got 6 eggs (5 mature). He also thought that both of us starting CoQ10 wasn't a bad idea either. I asked about acupuncture and he said that there hasn't been any proof that it helps, but he thinks it can be helpful for stress relief for some women. I'm not sure yet if I'll do acupuncture or not. Other than that, he recommended taking September off (I couldn't make the September cycle anyway) and cycling again in October or November. DH and I decided that we will cycle again in October, so I called and put down our deposit. I am officially an October Precious Pumpkin. 

My RE also ordered NK cell testing and APA testing, which I am going in tomorrow to do. I also have to redo some of my CD3 blood work since it has been a year since it was done. 

It feels good to be moving forward, but I am definitely more nervous about this cycle. If you had asked me when we started TTC where we would be 2 years later, never in a million years would I have thought we would be getting ready for IVF #2.

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

Re: XP from IF: Back from WTF appointment and we have a plan

• Happy to hear that you have a new plan in place and are moving forward. I so hope that October is your cycle and that you get to take your precious pumpkin home!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It sounds like a good plan. Crossing my fingers that October is your cycle!
    **SIGGY WARNING**

Me: 32 DH: 35  TTC#1 since March 2012
    Dx: Poor Embryo Quality, Arcuate Uterus, Poor Uterine Blood Flow, Mild Endo, 
           Protein S Deficiency, Sjorgen's Syndrome 

IUI #1-5: BFN
    Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy: minimal endo, partial septoplasty
    IVF #1: 10R/6M/6F ~ Day 3 ET = BFN
    IVF #2: 14R/9M/5F ~ transfer canceled ~ all embryos arrested at 1-2 cell stage
    IVF #3: 9R/5M/5F ~ 1 frosty!
    IVF #4 (FET #1): BFN

IVF #5 (DE IVF #1 with Dr. KK protocol): Currently PREGNANT!!!!!!
    Synthroid + Prednisone + Metformin + Baby Aspirin + Supplements Galore = 15+ pills a day
    Lupron + Lovenox + Delestrogen + IVIG + B/W = 2-5 pokes a day
    19R, 17M, 17F - transferred two Grade A blasts 11/16, four frosties!!!
    Beta #1 11/24 (13dpo/8dp5dt) = 367 ~ Beta #2 11/26 (15dpo/10dp5dt) = 709
    Beta #3 11/29 (18dpo/13dp5dt) = 1,997 ~ Beta #4 12/1 (20dpo/15dp5dt) = 3,403

imageimageimage

My Blog: Running and Dreaming for Two ~ All are Welcome!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad you have a plan moving forward.  I will be keeping my fx for you!!!
                                                  *********************SIGGY WARNING*************************
                                        May 14 Siggy                                             
    TTC #1 since June 2012.  DX: Unexplained Infertility.  Me: Hypothyroid
    3 Failed Femara + TI cycles and 4 Failed Injects + B2B IUI cycles
    Cycle 23: IVF#1 CoQ10 + Lupron + Puregon = BFP!!
    Beta #1: 199   Beta #2: 800+   It's TWINS!  EDD: Feb 19, 2015
    Team Purple!!!!
    L & E arrived early on January 5, 2015!!
    ~~~All are welcome!~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay for having a plan!  Hope you enjoy taking a little time off and I have EVERYTHING crossed that IVF #2 is it for you!!! 

**************SIGGY WARNING**************

BLOG

Me 32 :: DH 41

TTC since November, 2011

DH's SA : Excellent

Lap and Hysteroscopy June 2012

DX: PCOS, Stage III Endo, slight Adenomyosis, blocked tube, and probable LPD

Treatments:  6 Months Lupron Depot injections; 1500 mg metformin; 3 cycles of Clomid + TI = BFN

3 endometrial biopsies all were "out of phase" 

September - December, 2013:  Break to lose weight and get healthy

40 lb weight loss but still not ovulating "in phase"  

February - March 2014: bcps + follistim + trigger + TI = BFP

Beta #1 (12dpo): 30; Beta #2 (18dpo): 500; Beta #3 (25dpo): 7,000!!! 

1st u/s 4/16: One beautiful hb at 144 bmp 

2nd u/s 4/29: hb at 166 bmp.  Graduated from RE!!

TEAM PINK! 

Baby girl arrived on Thanksgiving day weighing 7lbs 6oz and measuring 20 inches

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• So great you have a plan, again :)  Hopefully the first round was a fluke.  Good luck!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • So sorry. What a tough situation :(

I've been thinking about you a lot lately, so thank you for posting an update.

I'm glad to hear that you're taking things well (as well as you can be that is). I think you have a great game plan moving forward and hopefully like your RE hinted it was a crazy fluke cycle that wont happen again.

Have a relaxing break, and try to enjoy it. Have a few drinks, kick back, maybe do something crazy like go sky diving. :P

FX that everything goes smoothly for you in October and you get your take home baby!

@letsgobowlingx With my luck, I better skip the skydiving. RE actually told us that we were the only couple that didn't make it to transfer. DH is convinced that if it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all.

Also there is zero chance that you will get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.  That biotch better be crashing for me to jump out. :)

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Good luck with your next cycle!!!

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR