Toddlers: 24 Months+

2 year old sleep and nap regression

We ferberized our son at 12 months (took two nights) and was heaven up until we switched to the toddler bed two months ago. He's a climber. Now he won't nap and wakes at 2 am every night and will not go back to sleep. We are exhausted and allowed him in our room...which I know is a big no, no. I'm afraid to ferberized at 2am bc he may wake up our six month old. Any suggestions? Help!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 2 year old sleep and nap regression

• Do they share a room? Even though you're risking waking the younger, you know Ferber worked before. When you consider the risks, which is worse: having a toddler who won't stay in his bed or asleep or a disrupted infant? (That's not snark, btw - that's a legitimate question. I know which would be worse for me but you have to answer that yourself and then make the appropriate choice)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Girl P - 11/15/10
  • My DD is going through a nap regression since she switched to a toddler bed. She went through a five day stretch with no nap. Finally, today we had success. She fell asleep on the floor, but oh well. I just stopped going in when she cried or knocked on the door. We put in the safety things on the door knob, so she couldn't open the doors. I also don't have any toys and I removed all but two stuffed animals from her room. She just has books, but today she read them until she dozed off, so I think maybe it helped her stay less active.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"