February 2013 Moms
Options

Stroller question (and a belated greeting)

Greetings from a long time lurker.  As many others have previously commented, I have benefited greatly from the insight of the wonderful people on this board!  The reason for my late introduction is that I have a specific situation I am seeking assistance with.  It pertains to strollers.  My little one is 6.5 mo old (born Feb 10).  We are flying to visit family this weekend.  Instead of taking our big bulky stroller along, my SIL is trying to borrow one for us to use.  It would look something like this: 

https://www.albeebaby.com/maclaren-2013-triumph-stroller-burnt-orange-medieval-blue.html          (as I've never posted before, I hope this link is "clicky")

Little one is just now getting better about sitting up.  A few nights ago, while reclining in the baby bathtub, he sat himself up and started splashing his hands in the water.  We've put him in the "big boy" portion of our big bulky stroller a few times and he sits up good for short periods of time.  I also plan to bring a Moby wrap along, and there will be several adults (2-4) to carry him if necessary.  I think with the shoulder straps of this stroller, he will be ok?  But wanted to get opinions from other Moms who are on the go.  While on our trip, we plan to have two "big days" and two "stay close to home" days.  Thanks in advance for your input! 

Re: Stroller question (and a belated greeting)

• Options
    Welcome!  If your LO is sitting up well, I think that (or similar) stroller will be fine.  DS has a similar one that we use at my parents' ( we have a huge one, that his car seat clicks into, but I really prefer the smaller one).  One feature that would be handy is if you can adjust the recline.  That way if your LO falls asleep in the stroller, he isn't just slumped over, held up by the shoulder straps.
    I find that DS is so interested in the world that he sits up really well in the stroller because he wants to see everything. 

Hope that helps, good luck!

• Options
    My DS was also born feb 10! And sounds exactly like where yours is sitting up wise and we do fine with this stroller . I think it's
    A good option .
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Like PPs said, if your LO is sitting, the McClaren is fine.  Just make sure if your SIL is borrowing one that is an older model, that you are careful about LO's fingers around any of the joints.  McClaren had a recall a while back because of hinge problems.  But I stress, that was ONLY an issue in old models.  Like it affected the one I borrowed for my DD 5 years ago.  But the McClaren is a great stroller! I loved the portability of it.  I wish my DD had liked it as much as I did.  We ended up getting a City Micro by Baby Jogger because she screamed bloody murder every time I used the McClaren.

E is a few weeks younger than your LO and I usually put him in our City Mini sitting up either all or most of the way, using the shoulder straps too.  Hope you have fun on your trip!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Options
    Meggiemuggins:  I asked, and this stroller does have multiple recline positions.  Thanks for the insight! 

jd614Neat that our LOs are "birthday buddies"!  Thanks for sharing your experiences! 

TamaraR4:  Thanks for the information about the recall.  I'll check if that applied to this stroller and if so, if it has been done. 

Thanks again for the feedback ladies!  You all are FANTASTIC! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"