Minnesota Babies
Options

Fairview University/Riverside?

So as I currently have no insurance (lost my job two days prior to BFP) I have been going to a clinic where they offer a sliding scale.  They have all their patients deliver at Fairview University Riverside (not super far from our house which is good).  Since I plan to stay at this clinic regardless of what happens insurance wise, I was wondering what other people think about the hospital.

Re: Fairview University/Riverside?

• Options
    I liked it. I delivered my son there and it was a nice experience. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, especially since it was my first baby and I had a lot of questions. Overall, I thought it was a very nice place to have a baby.
    Mom to Jace (7/2004), Cade (2/2009) and baby girl (5/2019)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I work at FUMMC Riverside and have several of my coworkers and friends who have delivered here and loved it!  I'm sticking with Fairview, but am closer to Southdale for delivery, otherwise I'd definately consider Riverside!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my DD there over 2 years ago.  I had planned on delivering at Ridges in Burnsville but DD decided to come 14 weeks early.  Their care is excellent, have wonderful staff and a great NICU.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have done clinical rotations there and LOVED it.
  • Options
    Because you are pregnant you are eligable for medical assistance. I highly recommend you sign up for it. Fairview Riverside is nice & they do have a great NICU. One negative thing though is that they are doing construction right infront of the hospital, where you would be staying.....I'm not sure how quiet your room will be.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Hi there!

I gave birth to my first baby at Fairview Riverside in late September.  There is a team of midwives there that are very friendly.  The nurses were super helpful.  There is a ton of construction, but I experienced no noise problems in my room - although I could see the construction from the window!  The major downside to the construction is that you have to park in the Red parking ramp and the walk between there and the Birthplace is a bit of a ways (when you're in labor, that is - but there's really no short enough walk between the car and the delivery room, in my opinion!)

The best thing to me was that the nurses really supported breastfeeding, so if you're planning on doing that, be prepared for lots of help!  They worked hard to make sure I didn't give it up.

One thing we did not expect (and maybe this was just us being naive): If you have your spouse/partner with you in your postpartum room, they only get breakfast.  If you deliver in the morning like I did, they get breakfast the next day (or at least that's what happened with us).  There's a cafeteria, a Subway in the hospital and restaurants down the street, though - so there are plenty of choices.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"