Special Needs
Options

How are YOU doing today?

Sometimes we need to talk about how we are doing.

Re: How are YOU doing today?

• Options
    Thanks for asking. :) 

I'm doing pretty well. Coming up on a big work deadline and I'm starting to feel the stress. Second week of kindergarten/preschool and so far, so good. 

The line-up of activities is, um, a little intimidating this year. And DD1 is only doing two things! DD1 is starting a music class and actually has a separate mid-week practice for soccer this year, which I'm not thrilled about. I liked just doing practice-then-game all nice & neat on Saturday mornings. 

I'm doing a leadership training thing with my school district, starting tomorrow night. This might be the beginning of getting more involved with the district & their policies as a SN parent, I guess we'll see! 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Options
    Thank you for asking! I sometimes think my life is boring and nobody wants to hear about me or my life.

It is the first day of school where I work (college). Slow as ever but I am sure it is so busy at Student Services. I do need to work on files but don't feel like doing that now. So I am pretending to work in front of my boss with files everywhere.

Thursday and Friday we have a work trip and I am taking DS and DH along to Santa Fe, NM. Afterwards, we plan to visit my parents in El Paso. I am overall excited for the change of pace but nervous that DS will be overstimulated and out of routine anywhere when we go out of town.

I am waiting for DS's health insurance to contact ABA if they will cover it or not. It will take 2-3 weeks and it only has been 1 week. God, I hope so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How are you butterflygrooves?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so busy today! I met with our SW this morning to discuss how to best fill out the Fair Hearing paperwork for RC, then got a call from our RC CW who is new and not particularly helpful. I've been chatting with a friend about DD's IEP and the changes that we've seen in her over the summer and if now is the best time to ask the team to reconvene to discuss a new psych eval and goals even though we just did it in June. Phew!

I'm feeling productive but kind of lost in all this IEP/RC stuff today. DD starts school tomorrow and I'm beyond excited about that, we need some time apart.

I'm concerned about this glitch DD has that nobody seems to be picking up on, DD's neuro is an arrogant idiot who tells us nothing every time we see him but acts like he knows all of her intricacies when we tell him another doctor dx'd her with xyz so I don't want to bother him with it.

It's a cloudy, muggy day and I want the clouds to let their rain go so I can stand outside in it. :)
  • Options
    I am so, so glad school started today! Yeah! I miss my school mommy friends during the summer....
    WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Options
    I am a little late here, but just trying to get through work, selling our house and dd's ongoing list of concerns. We had another showing tonight (yay!) but all these showings are tough when you have a 3 and 1 year old who want to Keep messing the house up the instant they are in it! Haha. Hoping to sell soon just so I don't have to keep up the facade that we are clean! Thanks for asking!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Hmmm, how am I doing.  I am all over the place.  I'm frustrated at PT (potty training, not PT!) DS2. I feel more stressed and more overwhelmed since school has started (I have less time to get all my stuff done during the day with both kids in school). I have a bunch of once/twice a year things coming up next month which is adding to the overwhelming feelings. I happy my husband got a promotion as it keeps our insurance which has been pretty good for us but then the government money issues (sequester, etc.) affects us too which could affect DH's job.  DS2 has rocked drop offs at school so that makes me happy and DS1 hasn't complained about school yet (I just hope he is getting challenged).  I feel like I am turning into a crochety old woman and I am only 40.  Everything annoys me or pisses me off it seems.  Things are not bad in my life but yet I just feel negative all the time and I don't like it.  And by negative, I feel like the smallest stupidest stuff sets me off and/or I feel defensive a lot.

You can probably tell just from my post how everywhere I am. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"