16 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Feeling Movement???

I'm 16 weeks prego with my first baby, I am a bigger lady but still haven't felt my baby move. I know everyone is different but has anybody felt their baby move??? Or when did you feel it move???

Thanks,

Aileen

Re: Feeling Movement???

• Options
    Don't worry, your not alone. I'm in my 16th week and haven't felt anything yet either. In all honestly we probably have and just thought it was our bodies digesting. I've friends not feel anything until week 20. It will come soon and when it does I'm sure it'll be even more rewarding as the anticipation is building!
  • Options
    This is something that worries me too. I'm also sixteen weeks. I just had my monthly prenatal appointment a week ago and the baby was fine, according to the doctor, but I haven't felt anything I could positively descern as kicks or anything. Anything I feel moving in there is gas. A friend once told me, if you feel movement, wait to see if you have to fart. If you do, it's just gas.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just felt my baby move for the first time last night! : I am 16 weeks, baby was really active and I got to thinking, I had eaten some hot Cheetos earlier that evening. I don't know, maybe baby was more active because of that : this is my first baby and was told not to worry if I didn't feel anything yet, it has a lot to do with your build and sensitivity to your body. Cheer up..it will happen : ps. I layed on my back flat and just put my hand on my belly and waited patiently.
  • Options
    Yes, last night my daughter was watching the Grammys and it was very loud....all of the sudden I felt a major movement of the baby. I have been feeling tiny things here and there for about 2 weeks, but this was most definately her dancing to Miranda Lambert!
  • Options
    This is my second pregnancy, but furthest I've gotten with a pregnancy. I'm overweight too. At around 15w 2d, I felt something "doing the worm". It was very strange, and I would have thought gas if it hadn't happened a second time in the exact same spot. I am 16w 5d now, and haven't felt anything since then.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I will be 17 weeks tomorrow and I think I MAY have felt my first flutter two days ago.  I feel like I need to feel it again to be sure that that is what it was.  
  • Options
    I'm currently 16 weeks and 2 days eeek : this is my first pregnancy and I think baby is moving but idk how to tell...like I get lil tight feelings in a series like kicking but been having issues with my bowl movements so not sure if I'm just backed up with gas....anyone have advice? Is it movement?? :
  • Options
    OB told me that I will definitely feel movement by week 20.  I am 16 weeks 5 days and only feel a bump or two once in awhile! You and I will get there soon! :)
  • Options
    I started feeling the fluttering at about 10 weeks! I know crazy. It's my firat pregnancy and I'm skinny/normal weight. I do hear your build has alot to do with it. Because I'm small I've also been showing since 14 weeks. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    This is my first and I started to feel the baby at 12 weeks. It was def. Not gas. I'm 15 weeks and I can really tell its the baby. Its not flutters like it was in the beginning. It feels like a little kick. The baby koves even more when I drink ice cold water : u will sooon feel it too! Amazing!
  • Options
    I hit 16 weeks last Thursday and I've been feeling muscle "twitches" pretty consistently since then. This is my first baby so I'm apparently skipping the pretty "flutter" that everyone else seems to have and am growing a little wiggle worm in my abdomen.
  • Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm exactly sixteen weeks, and it's freaking me out. I can't wait until I feel my little guy or gal move. I keep threatening my husband with running to the ER if I don't feel a movement soon. I have an appoinment today with my OBGYN and I'm sure everything will be alright, but I'm going to ask anyway how soon I should be feeling his movements. I am huge and I keep thinking the baby is bigger than it should be, but really it's no bigger than an avocado. With my daughter I started feeling her move fairly early but that's because she's hyperactive and has been since she was in the womb. I'm thinking this child will be much more mellow, which is fine by me. Maybe you will have a mellow baby too. You'd think since I've already been through this once that I should be a pro... Congratulations on your little one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    No need to worry with my first I didn't know what I was looking for so I didn't feel anything until week 19. With my second I started feeling movement at 12 weeks. I had to sit very still and focus to feel anything this early. With your second you just know what your looking for and how it feels.
  • Options
    I started to feel her at about 14 weeks, and am 16 weeks now. I still just feel the flutters feels like a tickle, but can't feel her on the outside yet. My sister didn't feel anything until 20 weeks. Everyone is so different, so I wouldn't worry if you're not feeling movements yet!
  • Options
    This is my first baby and I feel flitted around my child's father. I thought it was heartburn but after I drank some water it continued and it wasn't until he layed his hand on that it settled down
  • Options
    This is my first baby, and I definitely sped thru the flutter stage. There were a couple of subtle "pops" and flutters during my 13th week, but as of last week, I've felt some strong "muscle twitch" feelings in my lower abdomen. It happens most often after I eat and before bed or as I'm falling asleep. I LOVE it!!! I'm small, and very in tune with my body - but even so, it's a pretty obvious feeling. Like everything with pregnancy, every single woman has a different experience. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"