February 2013 Moms
Options

sippy cup brand/crawling question

any suggestions? i have 1 avent that works fine but i bought a munchkin 2 pack and its VERY hard to get anything out. Even i had trouble! so i want to try again so DS doesnt get frustrated. What brand do your babies like?

As for crawling-i dont think DS is close but when hes on his tummy he will bring his knees in and get up on his knees but bury his face in the floor. He does push backwards sometimes but then belly flops. ANything I can do to encourage him to learn to crawl or is it just something they get on their own time? hes JUST about mastered sitting up...so maybe we are behind a bit.

Re: sippy cup brand/crawling question

• Options
    I don't think your LO is behind at all. According to my AAP child development book, it's perfectly normal for them not to be sitting unassisted until around 8 months. And my DD does the same thing with crawling; she will often drop her head to the floor when her knees come up. I don't know why, but I don't think there's anything we should do at this point to "encourage" them to crawl. They are still so young. I prefer to let her figure stuff like that out by herself. Soon enough they'll be all over the place and then we'll be wishing for these non-mobile days back!
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I also have the tommee tippee sippy cups but just introduced it to E yesterday so he has no idea what to do with it or how it works. But I just bought some Nuby sippy cups today that I'm going to try also.

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I give my LO a tomee tippee sippy cup. BUT it comes with a soft sippy top thing, and I figured out that you can switch that out with a regular tommee tippee nipple and BAM it works fine! Bradley has been using it for about a month now and he loves it.
    Melissa Lynn
  • Options
    Have you tried the straw kind? I like the Playtex lil gripper training cup. My first DD could only use the straw kind for a long time before she figured out the other kind. I guess the sucking action from a straw is similar to nursing or sucking a bottle.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"