February 2013 Moms
Options

refusing to eat :(

Since my LO has turned 6 mos I have been having a really hard time trying to get her to take her bottle. She will only eat a mum mum cookie. At her 6 mos appt she now only weighs 14.4 lbs. HELP! The dr has recommended not to start on solids just yet to ensure she is getting the proper nutrients from her formula and we are to weigh in again in 2 weeks. Any suggestions? I am trying to get her to take at least 1 oz every hr and in a day she will only drink about 18 oz!!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: refusing to eat :(

• Options
    Try a sippy cup?? I've heard of that working for babies that go off bottles for whatever reason. Hoping things turn around for you!
    ~FTM~SAHM~EBF~

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    18 oz is about normal for a breastfed baby, so maybe she really feels full after that.  Instead of increasing the oz, can you double up on the amount of formula you put in the cup?  So that you double the calories, but not increase the volume?  I don't know how thick that would make formula though.  I know they make some sort of fortifier they add to preemie formula to increase the calories, maybe ask about that?  

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"