TTC after 35
Options

Hi I'm a Newbie to these boards!

PrivateOnePrivateOne member
edited August 2013 in TTC after 35

Hi everyone!

Signed up today as I feel it would be great to get some support from others in similiar situations.  Been TTC since 2010. We've had a lot of testing and tried several IUIs without success and we are now moving on to IVF.  Today is the day for my last AF before we start the IVF protocol.  I was hoping for a miracle conception to have occured, but unfortunately AF has shown up just she should today.  I've been so sad over it all day and can't concentrate. I'm scared to start the IVF protocol and all that it entails.  I know at this point I have to try this avenue, though.

Anyone else out there TTC with IVF for the first time? I am 43 and am well aware this is late in life to be attempting this, but deep down I have hope plus a team of docs committed to success. 

**** siggy warning - bfp & loss ****   ---- All Welcome ---

Me: 44 - Hashimoto's (under control), DH: 38 - (minor issues)

IUIs: 2 in 2012 ... Both BFN
IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
IVF #2: Apr '
14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
IVF #3: June '14
Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.
Currently benched while determining how to proceed.

"Keep going until you can't fail"

image   image

image  image

Re: Hi I'm a Newbie to these boards!

• Options
    I wish you LOTS of luck and quick success! I'm 41 - 42 soon. Have recently miscarried at 10ish weeks and again with one that just didn't take. We are trying again if I can ovulate! I could be in your shoes before long because we are not giving up! I understand your hesitations and worry. I hope you find some comfort for your fears as you move forward!
  • Options

Welcome! I wish you lots of luck! I started this journey at 34...here I am at 39 expecting my first :). This was our 4th and only successful IVF.

Don't give up, stay focused! Sending you LOTS of good luck!!!

Me = 39 DH = 50 TTC (since 01/2009 after a short break, I stopped counting *cycles* in 2010)
    DX 2010 : Unknown Infertility , AMA
    HSG 2005 = Normal / HSG 2010 = Normal
    SA 2005 = Normal / SA 2010 /2012 = Slightly low count : motility, morphology GREAT!
    Chromosomal analysis, MTHFR, ANA's, Lupus, Protein C, Protein S, APCR = Normal 2011

M/C : 2005 (7wk), 2010 (6wk), 2011 (7wk)

8 IUI's 2010-2011 all BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist 01/2012 #1 = BFN

IVF/ICSI antagonist long 06/2012 #2 = BFN

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF New Clinic/New RE 11/2012 #3 = One beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

IVF/ICSI/CGH MDLF 02/2013 #4 = One more beautiful boy blasty frozen PGS normal

FET 6/20 : One 5AA PGS normal transferred Beta 1 6/28 = 53.9 / Beta 2 7/1 = 220 / Beta 3 7/3 = 550!

1 U/S  6w3d - Heartbeat 119 /  2 U/S - 7w5d- Heartbeat 169 / 3 U/S (OB) 8w5d - Heartbeat still great!

Baby G welcomed into the world 3/7/2014

SAIF / PAIF always welcome ****

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome to the board and wishing you all the best on this cycle!!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Options
    QOTRQOTR member
    Welcome!  There are several ladies here that can be a resource to you regarding IVF.   It's a great group of ladies.  Good luck to you!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Welcome.
    I haven't done IVF but many on the board have. I'm sure any questions and concerns can be answered by the wonderful ladies on the board.
    Good luck to you.

Me:39, DH:40

DD born 8/96, DS born 8/04

TTC#3

NTNP since 2006, active trying 1/13

Natural M/C 3/13 at 7 weeks

CP 2/14

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

imageimage

All welcome

• Options
    Thank you all for the nice words and support, it means a lot. I'm mentally feeling better today and ready to start the process :)

IVF #1: 10/16/13 ... BFP, however it was not viable and ended in an early loss at 7weeks.

IVF #2: Feb '14 ... Cancelled. Positive beta at baseline appt, became very early loss.
    14 ... Retrieval Only. 2 embryos made it to day 3 freeze & will be batched with IVF #3 for PGD testing.
    Retrieval Only. 4 embryos growing, all arrested before day 5. Two from April thawed, but also arrested.

image   image

image  image

• Options
    ***bfp mentioned***

I did my first IVF in July/August and am now six weeks pregnant. I am 40. It feels like a lot but it's actually not that bad. It's time consuming with all the monitoring but fortunately it's a quick two weeks. Best of luck for a great cycle! Let me know if you have any questions. It's all fresh in my head.
    Me:39 Dx LPD, Fibroid, AMA and all that goes with that. H:37 Dx low motility and low morphology. TTC since 3/12. Clomid 8/12 and 9/12: BFN. 11/12 on a break for Myomectomy sched. 11/26. Resume TTC early 2013.
  • Options

Congrats on your BFP!!  My worries and fears lie in the med protocol.  We did medicated IUI a few times, however the amount of Follisitim used was minimal.  I responded well at the time (well at least I thought so). I've just received my IVF med protocal from the RE (I've switched since the failed IUIs) and it calls for like 4x as much follistim plus a few other drugs (menopur/microlupron). Am I crazy to think it is too much stims?  I know I shouldn't play doctor, but I'm worried about side effects and overstimulation. 

Any advice/insight you have on IVF meds would be great.

image   image

image  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"