Multiples

Mothers Helper

Has anyone hired anybody to help out before their twins were born? Im really in need of some help right now. The hubbs went back to work (hes a teacher) and Im home with the kids (ages 4 and almost 2) and am having a hard time keeping up with them and the house and all of the other daily functions. I want to hire someone to help for a few hours a day. Help with the kids, light house work, and if I have an appointment, maybe to watch them. I just dont know where to start. Any suggestions or tips? How about pay, any suggestions or tips as far as that goes? TIA for your help.

Re: Mothers Helper

• I had one after my kids were born, but she did ante-partum stuff too. She was so, so awesome. She charged $20-25/hr and I didn't tip. She was also a doula so maybe start there because there are doula search sites and see if any of them also do mother's helper stuff?
  • I hired cleaners to come every other week for about $100 a pop and tried to find someone to help but couldn't really find someone. It would have been awesome to have someone come and be my mobile hands while I was on bed rest, as my husband was pretty stretched thin. I'd say definitely see if you can get a mother's helper for the little ones at least, if not a full sitter a couple times a week so you aren't so worn out. Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I want to get someone in here soon so that I can see if Im going to want to ask them to help once the babies are born. I just dont even know where to start. Even having cleaners come in would be a huge help. I feel like that would be one less thing for me to stress about and feel like I at least have my crap together in that aspect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"