August 2012 Moms
Options

Sushi intolerance? NBR

I think I may have one. I feel sick every time I eat it and it can't be that it's tainted every time. I can eat fish no problem but if it's raw, I want to die the whole next day. Anyone else? This seriously sucks.
Then and now. How did my boy get so big? 

Re: Sushi intolerance? NBR

• Options
    BPaws said:

My sushi intolerance involves only my taste buds ;-) I cannot stand sushi.

I'm getting to that point now that I associate it with feeling like I'd rather die than live another second!

• Options
    I love sushi. Good sushi that is. Have you been eating sushi at reputable places? I only eat it if I have heard good reviews about the place. Perhaps you are allergic to what is in the sushi wrap, or intolerant? When you cook fish, or any meat for that matter, the proteins are re-arranged. So, cooked vs. uncooked meat actually does matter. The longer you cook something, the more the proteins are broken down, therefore, more easily digested.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    RNbock2 said:

I love sushi. Good sushi that is. Have you been eating sushi at reputable places? I only eat it if I have heard good reviews about the place. Perhaps you are allergic to what is in the sushi wrap, or intolerant? When you cook fish, or any meat for that matter, the proteins are re-arranged. So, cooked vs. uncooked meat actually does matter. The longer you cook something, the more the proteins are broken down, therefore, more easily digested.

Yes, I'm very particular. It has also happened when I have had oysters at a raw bar. It has not happened with ceviche/tuna tartar.

• Options
    So is ceviche ok because the fish is "cooked" in acid? I wonder if I can do cooked sushi. I'm not interested in any form at the moment. I'll have to be that annoying person ordering edamame and teriyaki every time my friends go out for sushi!

• Options

Was there shellfish in the wrap as well? I am allergic to shellfish, but not to fish. For me, it started out as a GI-type allergy, then progressed to a shortness of breath, anaphylactic allergy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    It was a spicy tuna roll. It was just two
    pieces that I ate.

• Options
    I've had some very tasty veggie sushi rolls too!

(To add to what Sharona said)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"