LGBT Parenting

Pregnancy Check In

ATXmommasATXmommas member
edited August 2013 in LGBT Parenting
Happy Monday!

We've had a couple graduates (congrats to @only1leia and @jrtmom!!!), and I think we've has a couple of BFPs this week!

Let us know what's going on and how you are feeling.

I can't think of a QOTD, so if anyone has one, please post. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy Check In

• Yay first check-in how exciting!! I was just browsing ahead at week five (I'm 4w6d)  and looking at how this little bean is growing. This pregnancy has been so different than my other 2 pregnancies. First of all I had a "light period" so I didn't think I was pregnant then I have had some spotting. The spotting may have been related to breastfeeding so baby K is now giving up his bedtime and night feedings, fingers crossed it all goes well.  It has been nerve racking not knowing if this baby is going to stick around or not.  My HPT keep getting darker though and I have a few symptoms depending on the day, mostly fatigue, frequent urination, very occasional dizziness and nausea. Week 6 was the start of morning sickness for me last time and although I'm not looking forward to it, I almost wish I has symptoms so I'd know that this baby was really settling in.
  • Yay for the BFP's!!! :)
    I finally "popped". I can't see my feet anymore because bean is growing like crazy! My diabetes test went well, no issue there and my OB wants to see me every three weeks now. She's amazing and helps me feel very taken care of. I feel my little man move every day and he loves grapes and bananas! Still trucking along and everything is going well. Can't wait to see his sweet face.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What a day! Today is one of those days that work feels like WORK.

I am doing well! We did a bit more nursery work this weekend - braved Ikea on a Saturday to buy shelves and frames. That was a terrible idea, but we survived.

Finally signed up for a child birth class. My doula recommended it - it follows the Birthing From Within philosophy. Anyone have any experience with it? As I was browsing the instructor's bio, I realized that she is a lesbian with a small child, so that's cool. I have a Bradley and Hypnobirthing book that I can use to supplement the class materials.

My mom is coming on Thursday and I am so, so exited. She hasn't seen me in person since 14 weeks. Can't wait for her to feel her grandson move!

@Jazibel - so glad for you. Best wishes on a healthy pregnancy. I understand what you mean about the symptoms. They aren't any fun, but they can be reassuring.

@sparkles412 - so exciting that you are in the home stretch! Will be thinking about you!

@greysmom13 - having a great healthcare provided that you trust makes all the difference. Glad you have found that!
  • Hello everyone, 

We are doing well.  I am 27 weeks this week.  I had an OB appt today to take my GD test (talk about gross stuff to drink) and am measuring right where I should be.  We haven't done much more with nursery stuff or baby planning.  We do have our hospital tour scheduled and I am starting to look into birthing classes.  Other than that I am happy to be in the third trimester and still feeling good.  

@jazibel it's good to see you over here.  Even though it is early it sounds like things are pretty reassuring so far.  Hopefully morning sickness comes soon to give you peace of mind but isn't too terrible.  
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • @mwagner25 and @greysmom13 - I don't have my glucose test until a week from tomorrow. Is it that bad? The infamous orange drink had been chillin in my fridge since my last appt.
  • @ATXmommas I would compare it to that orange drink that I remember from McDonalds as a kid, if you were to add extra sugar to it. I don't like sugary things to begin with and am easily nauseated, so I thought it was pretty bad.
    Same sex couple, Married 8/6/11
    Baby Oliver born 11/27/13

TTC stats with donor sperm...
    IUI #1 with trigger, 1/4/13 - BFN
    IUI #2 with trigger, 2/1/13 BFN
    IUI #3 with tigger, 2/28/12 BFP EDD 11/21/13
  • @ATXmommas I have read lots of women saying how awful it is and was a little concerned too before hand. It really wasn't that bad for me. It was like orange flavored sodas and sweet. I drank a glass of water after and it helped get the sweet out of my mouth. I'm not a huge sweet eater and thought it would be horrible, but it's do-able. Hope that helps! :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Love seeing all the updates today! And I am super picky and the orange drink was totally doable for me, thankfully. My nightmare is forced consumption of something gross. Bad aftertaste though.... Just a warning.

Sliding in right behind sparkles and hitting 36 weeks on Wednesday. I can tell things are happening physically for sure. I'm with sparkles, I'm definitely still enjoying pregnancy overall but have moments of pretty intense discomfort. But I still smile when I see and feel her move. It took so long for me to feel her on a regular basis, I still am amazed by it! I have another bpp (u/s) to check the baby on wed due to my random BP issues. I can't wait to see her again! I'm still flying solo at home which has become harder with our three dogs and needing to stay on modified bed rest. I wish I could clean more!

3 friends had babies on Wednesday last week (full moon Tuesday, if you buy into it...) :). But the horror stories have rolled in. It's like everyone around you saves up the nightmares for right before you give birth! Geez! I ran into one actually after interviewing a pediatrician. The husband and wife both told me that she was literally begging for an epidural but it was too late. Ugh. I mean, I plan on medication, but please! I didn't need that! It was like she desperately had to get that memo to me....

There's been some discussion about induction at week 38 and this brings on some of the same feelings that sparkles mentioned. Fear of handling labor and birth with dignity, being able to breast feed, handling sleep deprivation, wondering what kind of little soul we are welcoming into our home and family and hoping that I'm a good mom, hoping that she will love us as much as we wanted her and all that. The flood of emotions, feelings, and questions (of the universe) is crazy. I'm planning on packing the hospital bag this week - exciting stuff!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi everyone sorry I'm late to the party. We are 6w5d and had our first ultrasound today we are officially released to the OB :) I will get to see them between 8 and 10 weeks so that is coming up! Hopefully we will tell my mom and a friend now that we know there is a heartbeat, still cautious.
  •  I'm realizing after reading lots of stories and being on the Natural Birth board, if I want a natural birth I truly have to train for it like a marathon. Bradely includes lots of daily exercises (pelvic tilts, squatting, etc) and I'm trying to fit them all in when I am taking breaks at the office. Relaxation is also key and takes a lot of practice!
    My former boss is an avid runner and has run 30+ marathons in her life.  She told me that people always asked her which is harder - running a marathon or giving birth.  Her response - you always know in the back of your head that you can quit a marathon anytime.  Giving birth - not so much! Having run a marathon before, I appreciate that perspective! :)  Also, I love prenatal yoga too.  I think it has been so helpful in maintaining what has, so far, been a fairly easy pregnancy.
  • ATXmommasATXmommas member
    edited August 2013
    Thanks all for the perspectives on the glucose drink. Guess I'll just grin and bear it.

@Afterlater - Glad to see you here!  Positive thoughts to you that your baby keeps growing bigger and stronger!
  • Oh ATX! I meant to tell you to put your drink in the freezer for about 20 mins. It goes down way better being super cold.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"