October 2012 Moms
Options

@BabyCarryingVessel

How are YOU feeling? I realized you never responded to your own question. Figured I'd ask :)

Re: @BabyCarryingVessel

• Options
    Thanks for asking! I typed out my response, then forgot to post it! I was having a really low night that night because I had just gotten off the phone with my brother. He is in a constant state of despair. He is going through some very tough times, plus he's very... unstable. Mix the two, and we have a very bad situation. I get the feeling he won't live to be an old man because he makes suicidal comments all the time, plus he has already attempted once. He won't allow us to check him in to a hospital. I always feel so unsettled after I speak with him. What are our options in situations like this?? How do you respond when they say things like "I wish someone would put me out of my misery"?? I keep letting him know we're here for him, but are there certain things you should say or do? Ug, sorry to unload, but this is weighing so heavy.

• Options
    @babycarryingvessel, I'm so sorry you're having a tough time with your brother. I'm sure that is extremely exhausting, especially with little ones at home.

Do you think you could convince him to talk to someone without being checked into a hospital? Maybe you could offer to go with him?

I agree with @ThisisBrea. Have him committed involuntarily if you need to. He may be mad at you for doing it, but the alternative could be much worse.

Please make sure you're taking care of yourself too. I'm sure that's much easier said than done with everything you've got on your plate, but its important. Go get a massage or pedicure. You deserve it.

Hugs!!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"