Working Moms

Sleepless over daycare start tomorrow

My babies have been with me for 13 months, but it's time to return to the professional world. Having such a hard time with feelings of guilt and leaving them with strangers! I cried today and am sleepless now. I'm going to keep real busy tomorrow but any other advice? Does it get easier? I know it will be good for them and me as they are all over the place! But geeze this is hard!!!

Re: Sleepless over daycare start tomorrow

• I went back after 9 weeks, and although I *wanted* to go back to work, the second I was actually leaving daycare... I lost it.  Luckily she went for a "practice day," so I went back home and didn't have to look a mess at work.  When I got home, I told myself I could be a mess for half an hour, but then it was time to get up and do something else.  After that, DH always took her to daycare so I didn't have to deal with leaving her there... Good luck mama, it'll get easier!  Call during the day and ask if they're doing okay if it makes you feel better :)
  • It gets easier. My LO adores his teachers, and they love the kids... those strangers soon become a wonderful part of your kid's life. Hang in there... LO will thrive in school and you will enjoy being back at your career - at least that's how it went for me!
    This.
  • Loading the player...
  • It will get easier with time. Does your DC have webcams? I often check in on my LO's when I'm thinking of them through out the day. It helps.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD started daycare today too (she's 10 weeks old).  Even though she is my second I was still a mess and cried in front of the teachers.  Everyone is right.  It does get easier.  My DS loves daycare and wants to go even on the weekends.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Thanks everyone! We all survived. It was nice to talk to adults at work, but I missed them terribly! It will get easier....I hope. My daughter was crying and when she saw me she grabbed on like no tomorrow. There are cameras but only to the police. Luckily they are 3 blocks away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"