June 2012 Moms

Balance...

Hi Ladies,

What kinds of things doing you do for yourselves?  Do you workout, do any of you go to school? bible studies? weekly outings with friends without LO
How do you find balance between that and little one? 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Balance...

• I work three days a week. Which, is perfect. I paint and exercise when he naps. Every other Saturday DH let's me sleep in then I go tan or get a pedi Also, every other Sat one of the grandparents takes DS so that DH and I can go out on a date.
  • I have to say that I feel like I don't have a great balance yet. We don't have family in town, so DH is my only reliable source of childcare. I'm interested to see what creative solutions the other mommas have.

• Loading the player...
  • We don't have a super great balance here yet. I know very few people in this city. I have no sitters. My husband hates his job and is exhausted after work. Today, I went to the gym for the first time in months. I do have a treadmill and an elliptical at home. I try to juggle cleaning and exercising during naps. I don't go out with girlfriends. We don't go to the movies. I don't really have much of a social network. My husband, who normally is a really social guy, doesn't eithe. It's been really tough.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well, I feel like lucky and like a bit of an a$$
  • @DawnLilly - No! You are the example I can use when I explain to DH why I think it would be reasonable to have some more me time every once in a while!

• Sounds like there's a bit of everything from you Ladies... I'm a SAHM so I'm trying to make sure I spend enough time with my little one but do things for me and wanted to know what other mommies were doing or (not doing) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I workout: I'm training for a Half Ironman, so I average 8-10 hours a week. Granted, I have to workout super early while DS is still sleeping so I can be done before DH and I have to go to work, but I go crazy if I miss even 1.

We also have no family in the area and I don't trust sitters, so date nights consist of watching tv together after getting DS to bed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Samiantha I don't want to seem like a weirdo but you live in Omaha right ? Not sure how you feel about meeting people from the bumb especially aft that whole Allison thing but if you ever want to go to a mom group in Lincoln let me know .
  • I have zero balance, We are moving closer to DH's work so we can have more family time together, I haven't done anything for me since DD was born.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • well, I should add that I am finishing my PhD this year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"