April 2014 Moms

White coat syndrome

Does anyone else get nervous when they go to the doctor?  My BP is always high when they take it at the doctor, but when I take it at home I am totally fine! This should be interesting during pregnancy... I am hoping they will be okay with me keeping a record of my daily readings at home and showing that at my appts.  We shall seee....

Re: White coat syndrome

• I have suffered from this in the past...and usually I would always walk into the MD with a large caffeinated beverage in my hand which did nothing for my BP. Now, I just try to sit still, and take deep breathes. Think happy thoughts! Drink plenty of water. I think the would be willing to use your home BP's if they know you have added anxiety at the MD. Goodluck!

• I have suffered from this all my life.  Ironically, any health related thing causes me to panic.  I've tried taking my blood pressure at home, but the minute the cuff is around my arm my pressure goes sky high.  

I have my first ob/gyn appointment on Wednesday and I've been nervous for weeks.  I'm not sure why, I just feel very out of control at the doctor's office.  
  • Loading the player...
  • I always had high bp at my OB and never at home. I tracked them daily and turned them in to my doc at every appt to verify my bp was ok normally. If they were ever high at home I was supposed to call the office ASAP, but that never happened.

BFP: 7/5/10   EDD: 3/13/11  Miscarriage 8/1/10 at 8 weeks

BFP: 10/30/10   EDD: 7/7/11   Born 7/11//11 7lb12oz, 20 in.

BFP: 7/30/13  EDD: 4/9/14 Born right on time on his due date! 8lb10oz, 21.5 in.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Awesome prophetic fortune cookie: Love is a present that can be given every single day you live

• Luckily, this is not a problem I have.  In fact, I had my BP taken once and the nurse turned to me and said, "That can't be right, this says your BP is so low you should be dead."  Luckily that was an error, but I usually do have really low BP.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• I totally have this, I always get really anxious around doctors offices and I'm literally phobic of hospitals so this whole pregnancy and delivery thing should be loads of fun for me.
               72614 1
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ask them to take it at the end of the appointment. You should be more calm by then. 

bfp#4 3/19/2014 edd 12/1/2014 please let this be the one!

beta @ 5w0d = 12,026! u/s 4/22/14 @ 8w1d it's twins!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks ladies!! @RebeccaY1  Please let me know how your appointment goes!  I'm sure you'll be fine.  I can relate though.. I am the EXACT same way.  MAJOR cuff phobia :-\
  • edited August 2013
    I hate going to the doctor. I was extremely nervous at every appointment when I was pregnant with DS. I'm surprised my bp was never too high!

Eta: missing words

Baby Boy #2 is on the way!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"