December 2010 Moms
Options

I have a whole new appreciation for single moms...

DH is on his annual golf trip. He will be gone 5 days total and gets back late Monday night.... And I don't know how single moms do it!

I hired a 13 year old neighbor to come over three of the evenings and had my mom and sister each help an evening too. It would have been so hard without their help!

This is making me excited for my annual trip- a spa day with my mom and sisters! The funny thing is that my trip is only 24 hours, in December - and I am dreading being away that long because Charlie will only be 6 months old and we BF. even though I BF Reese for a year I always worry that my supply will dry up this time for some reason.

Someday I will have a life again- in about 18 years or so right? :)

Re: I have a whole new appreciation for single moms...

• Options
    I definitely have to give kudos to single moms and military moms. I don't know how they do it. I'm exhausted after a few days alone and I only have 1 LO. Good luck and I'm glad you have some help!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto. I'm so dependend on H to pull his weight in child rearing. I have lots of respect for those who do it alone.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    enjoylife said:
    Ditto. I'm so dependend on H to pull his weight in child rearing. I have lots of respect for those who do it alone.
    this.  my husband is a VERY hands on, share the parenting load kind of person, even though he works a ton.  whenever he is in trial (lawyer), i can barely hang on.  anything more than a couple days/nights of dinner, bath, bed, night wake ups for two babies all by myself??? its crazy town.  i dont know how my mom did it.
  • Options
    enjoylife said:
    Same here. It's hard enough for a few days with just one kid -- I am dreading when I have to pull single-parent duty for 2. I think hiring a mother's helper and enlisting family help is the way to go! Hang in there.
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You guys must have very helpful husbands. I actually don't mind when mine has to work late. When he does, I don't cook, and I get the girls to bed early, giving me some RARE time to myself. When he gets home at his usual time (7ish), I have to juggle feeding and putting C to sleep while starting dinner so that the 3 of us can eat together shortly after he gets home. It sounds counter intuitive, but my "work day" is actually shorter when his is longer.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I know, right??  Sometimes when DH works OT, I want to tear my hair out.  I wouldn't be able to handle my two kiddos by myself all the time.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"