March 2014 Moms
Options

How'd you tell your boss?

I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I've been anticipating the second trimester, so excited to be able to tell everyone - only to find out I find I find it pretty awkward.  The most awkward of which is the president of my company - it just never seems like the right time...  "so yeah, about that project, by the way I'm pregnant".  

How did you guys end up breaking the news?  

Re: How'd you tell your boss?

• Options
    It came up in project (timeline) discussions, actually. I think it came out something like, "Well, if all goes well... I'm planning to go on mat leave around late February or early March."
    image image
    D: Born 7.14.11
    Baby #2: BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
    O: Born 3.2.14 (med-free!)
  • Options

I ended up having to tell my boss and most co-workers at about week 10 since I was constantly sick and apparently green-looking at work.  Not to mention we have some personnel issues (mostly the lack of personnel) and "strategic planning" issues coming up, and we have 2 pregnant co-workers due in a October and a co-worker whose wife is due in October, so pregnancy is almost the norm in our division. 

I just knocked on his door and went, "Uh, so, about next spring...you're going to be more short-handed than you thought." He just raised and eyebrow and I rubbed my belly.  He very simply smiled and said, "Congratulations, and we'll figure it out, don't worry about it."

I was, however, super nervous about telling him for some reason.  I don't know why at all, but I was. 

"I can see light at the end of the tunnel, but I hope it's not another bastard with a torch holding more work."

"I don't always know what I'm talking about. I often don't know what I'm talking about. But it pisses me off when I do know what I'm talking about and people don't believe me."

Pregnancy Ticker      image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    at my monthly supervision meeting.

I told her I have something really serious to tell her and that I did something and she can't be mad.
    (Which was partially because my due date is right in the middle of our busiest time).

Anyway she was elated and still one of the only people here that know.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    i started crying when i went to sit down and say we need to talk. She replied with "well when are you due?" She told me to be excited and dont ever be scared to talk to her. 
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my first it came up in a project meeting because I didn't want to be flying at 7.5 months.
    This time I'll just ask my boss for a quick 5 minute meeting to discuss schedule or something.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  • Options

"If I'm in the bathroom a lot....you know why...."

I've had terrible morning sickness. and everyone knew we were trying.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Elonah [3], Bentley [1]

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had a co-worker quit and when I called my boss I said, "As you're working on 2014 planning and staffing, you're going to need to factor in my maternity leave." He freaked out for a minute but was just so happy that I wasn't calling to quit. We've worked together for a million years it seems I just had maternity leave last year, so we laughed about it and I assured him that I don't intend to keep get pregnant every year and a half.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

Sat my partners down and said "I wanted to let you know, I'm pregnant".  They were all relieved because they thought I was quitting (no clue why because I love my job).  They were all varying degrees of happy but it went well.  I was nervous too.

Now I have to decide when to tell the rest of the office...

married 9.2007
    dd born 8.2010
    #2 due 3.15.14

• Options
    I work in a restaurant so it's much less of a big deal (people come and go so quickly, so me leaving for a few months isn't really a big deal). I waited til my manager was in his office and told him I needed to speak to him. He HATES confrontation, so it started out awkward. But I just said, "just letting you know I'm pregnant". Followed by Super awkward small talk for a few minutes, but I have no idea why I was stressing out about telling him!
    Kinley Diane
    Born 2/4/14
    Weighing 6 lbs 10 oz and 20 inches long

• Options
    I was getting ready to go to a pretty tense client meeting with my boss and had been getting very nauseous. I told her, if I start to kinda space out in this meeting I'm going to need you to take over because I haven't been feeling too good lately. She jumped up and gave me a big hug! I'm very lucky, my boss is absolutely awesome.
  • Options
    We had a meeting scheduled anyway and he knew that we were going through infertility treatments so knew it was a possibility.  I just basically was like "I'm happy to announce we're pregnant" (ironically he had just found out his wife was pregnant too - so he came back with really!? that's awesome us too! However she miscarried a few weeks ago)  I told him that I've never been pregnant before, but will do everything in my power to keep performing at work and schedule appointments outside of work hours.
    1st FET 2/14/2013 Happy Valentines Day! - BFN
    2nd FET 6/14/2013
    - BPF!!! -
    1st Beta:
    1046!!!!! - 2nd Beta: 2754!!!!!
    First u/s 7/11/2013 - TWINS!!! 120 and 124 heartbeats <3
    Second u/s
    7/29/2013 - wiggley babies! 178 and 184 heartbeats!
    Third u/s
    9/9/2013 - 157 and 161 heartbeats ... a BOY and a GIRL!!!! Cervix on the "shorter side" (3-3.3) - going to check again in 2 weeks.
    Fourth u/s 9/23/2013 - Baby A = 157 Baby B = 150 heartbeat. Cervix now 2.3-2.6 ... being referred to a MFM
    MFM Appointment 9/26/2013 = Both babies healthy, cervix now measuring at 4 - Playing tricks on me ... will follow up in 2 weeks.
    Cervical check 10/7 with regular OB - 2.1cm  --- going BACK to the MFM armed with ultrasound pictures from my OB of my cervix. *sigh*
    MFM Appointment 10/8 - confirmed my cervix at 2.1cm - putting me on Progesterone for a week.
    MFM Appointment 10/17 - Cervix unchanged! Keeping me on Progesterone - followup 10/29

photo e8294769.jpgphoto 3a44b450.jpg
    imageimageimageimage"">image

Everett Alan James (3lbs8oz) and Eliana Lee (3lbs7oz) born 12/28/13 at 30w6d!
  • Options
    I'm planning to tell my manager after my next doctor visit which is Week 13 Day 1. I've created a few coverage options to present to him b/c I want him to know I'm concerned with how my accounts are handled and that I DEFINITELY want to come back! I'm sure he'll be supportive...just want to cover all bases!
  • Options
    I'm going to make it very light and fun...gonna walk in and say "looks like in about 6 months I am going to need 6-8 weeks off" I have a great boss and he has six kids. I am only a tad nervous because I work with some fairly conservative people and I am not, and my guy and I are not married right now by choice...so,hopefully they will keep their personal opinions to themselves....
    image         Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    With my last pregnancy, I asked for her opinion on daycare wait lists and she asked "omg! Are you?" And I said we were. She was so excited... She was one of the first people I told. I worked til 39 weeks, and she had yet to hire a replacement. The day I came back (6 weeks after a csection) she gave me a performance evaluation and was really negative-- saying I left her "in a lurch". She had 2 kids and I thought she'd be understanding, but she owned the business and didn't take any leave with her kids... So I think she expected me to work from home while I was out on (unpaid) leave. When I found out I was pregnant again I promptly quit.
  • Options
    My boss and I have a good, close relationship so I just showed her a picture of my positive pregnancy test!
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   image

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Kari~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    I didn't. She got the email today with everyone else. Lol. She's pretty "whatever" ;;)

• Options
    Hrose7091Hrose7091 member
    edited August 2013
    My boss cracked a lame joke about babies and I said "well, speaking of babies....." He just looked at me and said "are you pregnant?" I said yep! And he congratulated me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"