August 2012 Moms
Options

Picky, picky dinner eater!

DD loves all things sweet like fruit. Chicken, veggies and eggs? Not so much. I have made so many different things for her to eat for dinner and hardly anything appeals to her. She will take a couple bites and then start throwing it to the dog.

I have tried salmon, tilapia, couscous, spiral pasta, pumpkin macaroni and cheese, chicken, turkey sloppy joe, chicken parmesan, etc, etc. Sometimes she will eat it, sometimes she won't. It is all hit or miss. After she throws her food around, I just end up making her toast with cream cheese because I know she will eat that.

Does anyone else have a picky eater? It can be so frustrating when I make a meal and she refuses to eat any of it.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
imagethe-dude-with-a-white-russian

Re: Picky, picky dinner eater!

• Options
    I do. Everything was great with babyfood. He hasn't mastered chewing or something. My fall back is pb and j... Lol. And he's driving me NUTS!!!! We are on vacation and last night we went out and tried grilled cheese at the restaurant... I ate more or it than he did! He survives on pb and j, yogurt, oatmeal, and puffs. Wait, my god daughter got him to eat some of a donut yesterday. Ugh.
    Shane 8/19/12 Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • Options
    Yes, she does the same thing, including feeding food to the dog. And now she isn't eating lunch very well, either. As I was making her dinner last night, I remarked to my husband that I might as well just throw it directly down to the dog as that was where all of it was going to go anyway. I have found that she does better with smaller meals throughout the day, every two hours or so. I started that this weekend and she's eating more. Basically, I just break up her meals into snacks, like half a muffin and yogurt, then a scrambled egg with cheese and fruit for the next. And she eats while she plays with toys, which is messy but I found she eats more than in her highchair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep, but I also notice that he eats much better at lunch. The more tired he is the less likely he is to eat well. I think that's why he's pickier at dinner. Meat is always hit or miss at dinner time. Pasta only gets eaten if it's mac and cheese. Eggs are fine so I chop up spinach in it and usually cheese, too. Cheese is almost always a hit. Fruit is the favorite. Grilled cheese is always eaten and so is pb on toast. Other than that it's a crapshoot.
  • Options
    I do! I do! We're still on purées a bit for this reason. He won't eat vegetables any other way. :/ I have no advice, but you're not alone. The pedi told us at his 12 month appt that it sometimes takes 50 times of offering an item for the child to actually start liking it. As for meats, the only way he'll eat them is if they have some sort of sauce or seasoning on it. He could eat taco meat all day if I'd let him. Oh, and pork is delicious, but only coated in A1. He also can't have anything with nuts or eggs in it, so it makes our breakfast options hard.
    Our doctor said it was fine to still be offering some purees. Landen will not eat fruit or veggies unless they are in pureed form. He used to love chicken, now he hardly eats it. He would live on toast, yogurt, pasta and cheese if I let him. We still need to try pb.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"