Babies: 0 - 3 Months

6 Weeks Post Partum & Constpation

I know this is TMI... but is anyone else still having constipation issues?  I had a c-section and I'm still experiencing constipation and when I do go I'm experiencing some bleeding.  I had my OB appt yesterday but had so many questions I forgot to ask.  I assume a stool softener would be a good step?

Re: 6 Weeks Post Partum & Constpation

• Yes to the stool softener. I had constipation until about 8 weeks. Lots of fiber helps too, ie; apples, spinach, etc... i ended up up having a small hemriod (sp) which made it difficult and a little painful to go and also a little bloody...
  • Yes to a stool softener. Colace is good. Lots of water and fiber but increase fiber gradually or you could end up bloated and gassy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Colace actually doesn't work for me. I'm 10 weeks PP, also csection, and still having this issue. I had on and off issues with this even before I got pregnant though. Miralax works for me. It's a powder that I mix in with something flavored, like crystal light to cover the flavor. It really helps.
  • I too had this issues and still have it to some extent at 11 weeks PP.  A stool softener combined with milk of magnesium really helped to get things moving at 6 weeks PP.  I also eat a lot of spinach and apple salads daily.  You could also introduce psyllium husks into a shake or drink to add some fiber to your diet. Worrying about going or forgetting to go because you are so busy with your little one can also exacerbate the problem.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it at 3 weeks pp and a stool softener helped, but it came back at 7 weeks, and the stool softener helped again.
  • Yes take colace.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"