Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Pain four weeks PP

Hi everyone -

DS was born 4 weeks ago via emergency c-section and I think overall my recovery has gone well. In fact I felt largely healed and back to myself at three weeks postpartum. However another week has gone by and I feel like my pain levels are back up to where they were two weeks ago (and discharge is back - although not that much). My doctor said to continue to monitor but didn't seem too concerned - but he does tend to be very laid back.

My question for btdt moms is - is this up and down in symptoms normal?

Re: Pain four weeks PP

• edited August 2013
    I had an emergency c-section almost 7 wks ago.  What kind of pain are you having?  The pain that I have now is around the incision site bc the numbness is finally going away...the doctor said it's just the nerves healing and that it's normal.  If it's muscle soreness, than you are probably doing too much.  It could take 6 months for your stomach muscles to heal to a point where you can use them normally.  I would think the discharge would be normal too, depending on how hard you are pushing yourself... is it a weird color? That would be a concern if it were a weird color.

There a c-section board you could ask as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like I probably just over did it which is what dr thinks too. I just didn't want to overlook anything so will check csection board as well. Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I am 4 weeks PP today and my pain came back a few days ago. Mine hurts above my incision so I think it is muscle related pain from doing too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"