Attachment Parenting
Options

Bed sharing with toddler and newborn

I have almost 8 months to hatch a plan but it is stressing me out. I have a nursing toddler who bed shares and a newborn coming. Any bed suggestions? We currently have a full and queen pushed together on the floor, I guess I can find a low co sleeper side car and keep older child in the middle?

Any btdt moms?
BabyName Ticker
my read shelf:
Summer Rae Garcia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Bed sharing with toddler and newborn

• Options
    I haven't BTDT, but if we get pregnant soon (hope hope hoping!) and haven't successfully transitioned DS in time, we're open to bedsharing with 2.

If you want to bedshare with both, I'd do exactly what you said: put the newbie on the outside and the toddler either between you or on the other side of daddy. Sounds like you have a nice big family bed setup. :)
    imageimage
  • Options
    pixieprincsspixieprincss member
    edited August 2013
    My boys are 19 months apart. DS1 slept between DH and I while DS2 slept just next to me in the bed/crib side car. My best advice: come armed with ideas, but don't sweat it. Going with each baby's flow made things work way better than any plan I stressed about devising. Enjoy the double cuddles!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"