June 2012 Moms
Options

Forgetting words?

Have any of your LO's stopped saying or forgotten certain words already? One of the first animal sounds DS would make was "moo" but he won't do it at all now. He's got all kinds of other animal sounds, but he just will not say moo! He also won't say hi anymore. I figure it's normal, but I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this.

Re: Forgetting words?

• Options
    Yup. He said huh bye for about two weeks and now won't. He signs a lot though. More, food, drink, sleep, ball, tractor... He also blows through his tongue and lips for everything motorized. It's adorable.
  • Options
    Yes! She learns a new one and drops an older one.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BRBR member
    Yup. DD used to say uh oh. But she stopped saying it. And I felt horrible when we were at her checkup and they asked me if she said three other words besides mama and dada.  I had to say no.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Honestly no words or animal sounds yet to forget.  He's "talking" up a storm but makes no sense at all!  He does some variation of Daddy, dada, da for DH most times he sees him or hears him on the phone but other than that its just very enthusiastic gibberish.  He did this with waving/clapping etc, it seems like a very normal thing for them to learn and forget for a few cycles before it's permanent.  I've also noticed a refusal to perform on demand.  As soon as we try to get him to do a party trip like waving or dancing he refuses to display that skill for us.

As far as the 3 words question, I am trying not to worry about that and focusing on the communication/interaction he does display.   It's just one indicator and if your LO is meeting other social milestones - hugs, eye contact and other nonverbal communication there's probably no need to worry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"