Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Homemade blueberry puree help

So I've never really cared for blueberrys myslef but i would like my DS to atleast try them. Yesterday i made blueberry puree but i think i over steamed the berries. The berries at the bottom of my seam basket had turned to gel and the ones on top were red-ish. Has anyone done this? Will they taste funny? I tasted it but since i dont like them I'm not sure if they taste funny.

Re: Homemade blueberry puree help

• Options
    I'm not sure about the steamed blueberries that you already have, but we tend to go by this website for making baby food...

I would probably start over and either serve them raw or stewed.  It would probably be fine how you have them, but one of the reason we are avoiding jarred foods is because we want the freshest taste so when he grows up the tastes won't be new.

• Options
    When I give DD blueberries I either cut them in half and let her feed herself or I mash them with a fork to add to yogurt. If you want to cook them I would boil them in a little water until they melt down into blueberry sauce.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    They will be fine. Just mash em all together.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My recipe for blueberry purée says to blend the blueberry in a food processor first. Next, strain them. Fnally, heat the purée on the store. The recipe works greats and DS loves it.
    image image image Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"