High-Risk Pregnancy

Sunday Bed Rest Check-in!

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

What's new? Any milestones, changes, upcoming appts?

QOTD: For what reason are you on bed rest? How long have you been on bed rest and how long do you have to go?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Sunday Bed Rest Check-in!

• 29 weeks 5 days. Appt coming on Wed. Getting crappy sleep and I'm thinking that is just going to be the case! I always get better sleep after the baby comes, even if it is broken up sleep!

QOTD: On bed rest for a shortened cervix with funneling, 1cm. I also had this with my first (DS), but not my second (DD). I'm beginning to think my cervix only does this when I'm having a boy! Well, in this case, two boys! ;)

I've been on bed rest for almost 4 weeks. I've got another 5-8 weeks until I deliver. Once I hit 34 weeks, I will not be as nervous about being up, as needed. Although, based on the way I'm feeling now I highly doubt that I'll want to be standing or up for long!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 34/4 today, appointment on Tuesday to hopefully get off of bed rest!

I slept alright, but woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep. I hate waking up early on Sundays. My fiancé always works a double, so it's a long day alone.

I went to L and D yesterday evening because I was having a headache where I couldn't focus my eyes and contractions that were making my heart race and left me unable to breathe. Normally I wouldn't have gone without severe pain, but I was concerned about pre-e. they montored me and gave me 2 bags of iv fluids, checked my cervix and I actually closed up a bit (1.5 and not 2/3), but I'm still 90% effaced. The doctor said baby's head is right in position and ready to go. She predicts that if I don't go earlier, my daughter will end up being born within a week of my last progesterone shot, so 2 more weeks from this coming wednesday. Anyhow, they let me go home with a diagnosis of " preterm labor (again lol)" and a dry uterus, as the baby's heart rate was high when I went in and mellowed out after fluids. I can't imagine drinking anymore water than I already am!!

QOTD: I've been on bed rest since 20 weeks for a dynamic cervix and funneling (I've got about .5 left) and inability to get a cerclage. Also 3 bouts of preterm labor, at weeks 23, 28 and 34. Hopefully I'll be freed in 2 days!!
  • Loading the player...
  • 34 weeks today!  I slept pretty well, other than getting up to pee.

QOTD: I've been on bed rest since June 27th, about 8-9 weeks. I have complete placenta previa, and I had my first bleed on June 27th. I was given the steroids, stayed overnight, and went home to bed rest. I was back on July 11th with my second bleed, and then the third bleed was July 23rd when my doc said I was staying in the hospital til delivery. I have had a couple other bigger bleeds since I've been here. One of them I ended up on mag for 24 hours. I also had a second round of steroids. I have  3 weeks to go unless I have another significant bleed.
    BFP 1/30/13 EDD 10/6/13Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Another pretty good night.  Pups actually let me sleep until 730a.  Woot Woot!!
    DH is supposed to paint nursery today.  I think that is the highlight of the day.  I've got to go back to Etsy and find some new decals.  Ones I picked and thankfully didn't order, are going to be too big.

QOTD:  I have been on bed rest for a shortening cervix since 19w6d (about 3.5 weeks ago).  First week was the worst, but cervix has been holding stable and I've settled into a routine so it's gotten better.  I think I will be on modified bed rest for another 12 weeks.  Gotta keep the babies baking for as long as possible!

BTW, anyone hear from Throw? I've lurked on Nov 13 a bit to see if she's updated.  I hope her baby girl is doing ok.  

Beckett Rilee & Caitlyn Leigh born 9-21-13 @ 27w due to PPROM

• I'm 23/4 weeks. Slept ok but woke up a lot. I have been on bedrest since 16 weeks which is when I had the cerclage put in for a shortened cervix; it was 2.3. I'm on bedrest for as long as possible. I want this little boy to make it full term. I had a previous loss at 18 weeks due to IC but we didn't know I had IC at the time.
  •  I am 28 weeks and 2 days. I am exhausted was having contractions all night and actually just got home from L&D. I was diagnosed with pre term labor. I was 1 cm dilated 2 weeks ago and now I am 1.5 cm dilated. I am on bed rest for pre term labor and carrying high risk multiples. 

Me (30) my best friend (38)
    TTTC since "Jan 2011"
    RE appt april 2012
    Dx: PCOS and stage 1 endo
    S/A 19 million, 48 motility, 1 morphology
    6.1 progestrone
    HSG: tubes clear
    clomid 50mg + #1 IUI + trigger 6/9/12 BFN 6/18/12 Clomid 150mg +#2 IUI + trigger: 7/9/2012 BFN 7/18/2012 stage 1: endo removed 8/14/12
    Letrozole 2.5mg+estrogen=cycle cancelled for little to no response
    Follistim 75 (10/15-10/19) follistim 67 (10/20-10/21) cycle cancelled due to over response 9 follies and very thin lining
    ~ IVF #1:BC pills started 10/27~
    ~IVF class schedualed for 11/13~
    ~ Lupron starts Thanksgiving day~
    ~Stims start December 1st~
    ~ER: December 12th ~
    ~ET: December 15th~
    19 R. 12. Fertilized with ICSI, 2 transfered
    only 1 made it to freeze!
    Beta #1 12/27/12 (26)
    beta #2 12/29/12 (78.9)
    Beta #3 12/31/12 (149)
    Beta #4 1/4/13 (48)
    C/P on 1/4/13 @ 5 weeks and 2 days
    ~ IVF #2 ~
    ~ BC pills1/15-2/3~
    ~Lupron beings 1/31~
    ~stims start Feb. 9th~
    ~ER 2/21/13~
    ~14 R, 12 fertilized with ICSI~
    ~1 made it to freeze~
    ~Twin Boys Arrived August 31, 2013
    imageAnniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome~ everyone welcome
  • I've been sleeping okay more than usually but having intense nightmares that wake me up gasping for air :(
    I'm 30 and 4 today, no apts until next thu and fri

I've been on bedrest for a week due to gestational hypertension and borderline pre-eclampsia. I will be on bedrest until I deliver... were hoping to make it to 37 weeks best case scenario then get an amnio for fetal lung maturity and be induced!!!! Otherwise if I develop full blown pre-e it's hospital bedrest with a threat of csection if things take a a turn for the worse!!
    I cab totally do 6 more weeks of br at home!!!!!

Sawyer Lynn <3 Born 10.11.13

• 39 weeks tomorrow, holy smokes!  I have an appointment with my OB and we will discuss induction due to the high bp. 

QOTD: I was on SBR because of crazy preterm labor from 31 to 37 weeks.  Then I got off bed rest and my BP shot through the roof, though no pre-e. So now I'm on modified bed rest.  What I'm doing with that now is keeping tabs on how I'm feeling. I have my bp monitor with me and if I feel crappy, I lay down.  Otherwise I'm up and moving.  Maybe I shouldn't be here anymore? lol

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Update: 28w 5d doing ok. Have been having difficulty going back to sleep after 5:30 am meds the last two days. I can't seem to nap here in the hospital so missing out on my sleep at night is not good. At my weekly weigh in, I lost another lb. I don't know what else to do because I force myself to eat so much. Doctors are not worried and we have a growth u/s scheduled for Tuesday. But you would think adding an extra chicken breast to dinner every night and tons of snacks would do something!

QOTD: I started to have a shortened cervix at 23 weeks. They put me on bed rest at home for a week. It shortened further and I was admitted to the hospital at 24w1d. I was having contractions that I could not feel and my cervix shortened further. I am 40 and carrying twins from IVF which makes me high risk. I have been on Procardia since then along with two magnesium scares and a round of Indocin. My cervix is at 1.1 vs. 1.3 the week before, but my doctors think that is pretty stable. The current plan is for me to be here until 34 weeks. Then I get to go home (not sure if I will be on bedrest there) and see how long before delivery.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi all - so I was up to 13 contractions an hour during my last monitoring session. I could only feel about a quarter of them and they are the same uterine only contractions I've been having since 16 weeks... Mfm wasn't happy, put me on procardia and left me on monitoring of all three kids plus toco for 11 hours until rounds. Only way to catch baby c after looking for him for over an hour was flat on my back (bed elevated, but still not comfortable) with no pillows - so that's how I was from 8 last night till 9 this morning...dr still wasn't happy about the fact that I was having 8 an hour this morning but grudgingly acceded to the nurse who said "were taking her off .. She needs a break". Back on now after upped dose of procardia ... Fingers crossed the contrax go back to whatever level the doctors are happy with (my cervix has been completely unaffected - but the contractions are getting more organized)

I'm hospitalized for monitoring of my mono amniotic twins as part of my trip set. Have been in since 26 and 1, am 28 and 3 and god willing will make it to 32 and 0...
  • 27 weeks today! Slept till 11am today!!! I couldn't believe it, it felt great! I have an appointment with my MFM Tuesday to check my cervix and do a growth scan. Can't wait! I'm excited to see how much these girls weigh! I have an appointment with my OB Thursday too. I've been on bedrest since 22 weeks when my MfM found out I had a shortening cervix with funneling. I will most likely be on bedrest until the twins get here. Hopefully they can stay put for 10 more weeks!!
  • Well now I will be back to regular traps that have to be changed every 4 days. They had to take the PICC line out, I have 3 clots. They will be giving me shots of Lovenox  twice a day. They tried once so far to get a trap in, and of course the vein blew as soon as they tried to flush it. Apparently now we are waiting for anesthesia, although I don't know how that will help.
  • 33.1 today, on HBR since Monday. I actually managed to nap for 2 hours today, which felt great. Good because I am scheduled for dopplers tomorrow which means anytime between 12a and 6a here because they like to have the night staff do them.

I'm having mo-di twins. One is IUGR with intermittent cord flow. They want to deliver me at 34 weeks, so next Saturday but I'm going to try to squeeze a few extra days in if all looks okay.
  • Well now I will be back to regular traps that have to be changed every 4 days. They had to take the PICC line out, I have 3 clots. They will be giving me shots of Lovenox  twice a day. They tried once so far to get a trap in, and of course the vein blew as soon as they tried to flush it. Apparently now we are waiting for anesthesia, although I don't know how that will help.

:( I'm so sorry you're havin such a rough time. If it helps, I'm a "tough stick" and when anesthesia came they helped tremendously!
  • I'm 28.2 and had 3 weeks of MBR at 21 wks due to irritable uterus. I was then admitted for pre-term labor at 26.6. Luckily things calmed down after Mag/toradol/procardia and I have been back at home for 5 days on MBR. This is my first pregnancy with di/di girls. One is near a diagnosis of IUGR. Next growth scan is in a week and a half. Hoping to make it at least 32 weeks!
  • oh @bitsytripmom that sounds so uncomfortable and cruddy!  I'm sorry you had to deal with that for so long.

• I'm 33.6 today. Manual check nd NST in the morning.

I was put on HBR for 3 days at my 28 week appointment when it was found that my cervix was 1.1 and funneling and that I was dilated to a 2. I've been on SBR at home since then. Cervix has held about the same but baby is engaged and very low and last week I was dilated to about a 4. I'm hoping to hold out for two more weeks at least.
  • Grats angel and gsk on the milestones and holy cow ilove!!!! 39 weeks tomorrow is amazing!

Thanks for the support ilove - thankfully I'm down to 6-8 an hour and they're letting me get away with only the four, one hour Nst sessions again for the time being... Desperately need to crash tonight though!
  • Thanks jamie, for now they are letting me go without a trap, but I'm sure that won't last long!

Thanks bitsy I'm glad to hear that your contractions have slowed down!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"