August 2011 Moms
Options

what luck!

Shan's gonna love this... my microwave just broke. My dishwasher has been a joke for about a year now. I am tired of paying repairpersons to not fix the issues. Anyone have any brand recommendations? We have GE Profile appliances, and Jay is pissed off at GE for the death of a 6 year old appliance and the near constant malfunction of another.
Time to get shopping. Looks like my birthday present will be, at the very least, a new microwave.
Prudence
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Otis
 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: what luck!

• Options
    Booo!
    I personally wouldn't put much thought into the purchase or a microwave. I don't use any of the fancy functions, so as long as it's the right size, I'm good.
    As for a washer, I don't have a preference for a specific brand. I just wouldn't want a front load machine: I always throw more things in after I've got a load started, and a front load machine won't let me do that.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ha!! You don't remember I just had to replace my broken clothes washer in May.
    This is a dishwasher now... I am sad they are all shitting the bed together
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oops. Reading fail on my part.
    Well, I really like my Whirlpool dishwasher. It has some pretty neat features like power scour, eco dry and overnight wash. I also like that the cutlery tray fits inside the door.
    One thing we were told when we were shopping around, was to stay away from Bosch if we wanted a dishwasher that actually dries dishes.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oops. Reading fail on my part.
    Well, I really like my Whirlpool dishwasher. It has some pretty neat features like power scour, eco dry and overnight wash. I also like that the cutlery tray fits inside the door.
    One thing we were told when we were shopping around, was to stay away from Bosch if we wanted a dishwasher that actually dries dishes.

Whirlpool good.
    Bosch not so good.

Thanks!!
    Prudence
    Otis
    Hank 

• Options
    I would cry! I didn't read other responses but are you looking to just get something for now and eventually get something more permanent?

If you're just looking for something now, check out Menards. They always have good deals.
  • Options
    I'm also team whirlpool.
  • Options
    @JaysonandKristin

Just remembered a few things I thought you might find helpful...

While we were shopping around, every sales person we spoke to told us to stay away from Samsung. They make great appliances in general, but their dishwashers apparently suck.

It is super quiet, too - no louder than say a refrigerator. Not sure if it's because it's still new or if this particular model is just quieter.

• Options
    Nothing to add except your phrase "$#!t the bed together" reminded me of my BFF. He says that all the time! :) Thanks for reminding me of something happy. :)
    imageimage
  • Options

@JaysonandKristin

Just remembered a few things I thought you might find helpful...

While we were shopping around, every sales person we spoke to told us to stay away from Samsung. They make great appliances in general, but their dishwashers apparently suck.

It is super quiet, too - no louder than say a refrigerator. Not sure if it's because it's still new or if this particular model is just quieter.

We just bought ALL Samsung appliances. I have had Frigeradaire (sp?) twice before this and feel like the Frigeradaire quality was MUCH better. Our brand new Samsung dishwasher SUCKS. Everything is always soaking wet when it comes out and it falls off of the tracks all of the time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"