Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Interviewing babysitters...need question help!

We are currently searching for a few reliable babysitters in our area for our son when family isn't available. We hope to find someone who will then take over as DS's nanny when my in-laws are done doing it full-time in December. I created a Care.com account and have a few interviews lined up over the next few days. So here's where I need some help...what types of questions should I be asking? I'm a FTM and have NO experience screening sitters at all. Any help would be great! TIA
photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Interviewing babysitters...need question help!

• Options
    Are they first aid/CPR certified, do they have their own transportation, how do they feel about keeping your LO if your baby is sick, what it their policy/plans if the sitter is sick (how much notification will they give you), what's their schedule around holidays, will they just be watching your LO or do you expect them to help out around the house, will they cook/prepare meals for your LO, will they transport them for different activities or do you want them to stay home all day? Do you just want them to entertain your LO or do you want them to do educational/arts and crafts type activities? Will they play outside with your LO? Are you OK with them driving your LO to community activities (story time at the library, playground, different classes)?  Those are just off the top of my head. I"m sure you can google sitter interview questions.
    imageimage
  • Options
    ALso- another biggy- what's their policy on discipline, how do they put your LO to sleep, will they follow your schedule or put your LO on a schedule?
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i agree with all the points above.  in addition i would say to get at least 2 referrals of past babysitter/nanny experience and to call the parents and speak to them in detail.   
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"