Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Newly PT questions for going out and AW

First my Aw... My DD just turned 2 on the 20th! Omg so happy, proud and sad! I think I'm stuggling with this bday a bit more then last years.

Second my AW...

She is pretty much completely potty trained at home when naked. She still forgets to pull her undies down and will sit on the potty and go with them on though.
BUT! She has gone to daycare twice with zero accidents, we have gone to two parties and only had an accident once (Gigi didn't have her go potty before getting in the trampoline) and we went out to breakfast today and went potty on the toilet twice, no accidents, no issues! Oh and I stayed calm all breakfast lol.

So my question. How do you stay calm about going out and having a possible accident. I admit I get stressed at the idea of having an accident in public, especially if there is carpet.
How do prepare for this?
Do you bring certain cleaning supplies?
How do you handle accidents in public? Just apologize, clean up what you can and leave?

What is your game plan when you go out with your newly PT LO? Take them every hour to try? Remind them to tell you and just rely on them to let you know?

TIA
You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
<a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view

Re: Newly PT questions for going out and AW

• Options
    Congrats on potty training success! We are potty training our youngest now but we haven't left the house with him since we started.

Bring extra outfits, be prepared to have leave things immediately because they have to go and go now, limit their drinks when out.... We bought a travel potty for long road trips but never used it. We just put a pull up on over her undies because it took too long to find a place to pull over and then set up the potty. I also had DD go to the potty before we left the house too. Oh, some kids are scared of public toilets so you made need to buy a travel potty or potty ring to carry with you.
    Just be prepared for accidents and you will be ok.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD PT at 26 months and was very good right from the get go telling me when she had to go. She also seemed to be a pro at holding it. The first 4 or 5 months she had maybe a handful of accidents. After that the newness wore of and she got lazy at times, not wanting to stop what she was doing. So she would have an accident but it wouldn't be a full blown accident, just getting her panties a little wet and then would finish in the potty. In the car seat I have a piddle pad (I think is what it is called?) so if she has an accident in the car seat I can just take it out and we are good to go (has only happened twice). DD has always been very good when we are not at home about telling me she needs to go potty. If there was not potty (or she didn't like it...) she would actually hold it. We have the Potette plus for travel. I used it a lot in the beginning and mostly in the car (she was afraid of big toilets initially) and I would run out to the car if she needed to go. We rarely use it now but occasionally it still comes in handy. Well worth the $12 or $13 it cost (I never used their bags, I used cheap diaper sacks from Walmart). DD for the longest time would refuse to pee on command (as in "we are leaving to go to the store lets have you go potty", just wouldn't do it. But since I had the travel potty it was easy enough to stop (usually anyway) somewhere and have her use the potty in the car. If you are out an about in a store and she has an accident just make sure you have clean clothes with you. It shouldn't leave that big of a mess. I always just had an extra pair of pants and panties with me and that was usually enough. 2 months after she PT we went overseas and I was a little worried so I packed a few diapers just in case but never needed them. She was great on the plane and the 3 long hauls we did in the car while there. The couple of accounts she had was when she was all relaxed at my family's house. Each kid will be different but for us asking her every 5 minutes if she had to go just backfired so I put the ball in her court and it worked for us. I suspect you will figure out very quickly (if you haven't already) what works for your DD
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! Did you do anything to work on your LO letting you know when your out or did they just catch on by themselves from the get go.
    She isn't to bad with public toilets and we do have the potette potty and that's the main one he uses even at home because I have it set up in the front room too. We also have the piddle pad and she was good even for the 1 1/2 drive we did. I do have her go potty before we go out. She also seems to be able to hold it fairly well, I think she prefers to wait until we are home to poo.
    I guess I'm afraid there will be a big puddle. Lol
    You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
    Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    <a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view
  • Options
    She just did it from the get go. I tried PT at 25 months because she was staying dry longer, waking up dry etc. that was a total failure. Then I just let her go naked anytime we were at home (and she would wait to pee until she had a diaper 95% of the time) and not even mention the potty and a month later she just was ready on her own to do it and that was it. She tends to not want to do anything until she knows she can do it right (same with walking and crawling). So once she PT she was totally ready. I really think that the naked time helps a lot with them getting down the sensation of when they have to pee.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I would just bring cleaning supplies and extra outfits, and ask her often if she needed to go. If I was going to be somewhere for a while, I would always take her to the potty as soon as we got there. If she said she didn't need to go, I would say "well, I have to go, so come with me" and then she would go when we got there. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My son does great at home now and outings but he wont pee in a public restroom. So I keep a little potty in my trunk. I also keep a change of clothes in my car and diaper bag. I have him potty before we go into some place and afterwards. I also limit his drinks. Good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"