Babies on the Brain
Options

Blergh.

I have an itchy rash covering most of my body.  It started out gradually yesterday, but got significantly worse last night and into the morning.  I called in sick to our staff development day and have been trying to get in to see a doctor for a couple of hours.  Finally broke down and got on the list at CareNow because I can't stand the suspense anymore.  This is most likely a drug rash from the hydrocodone I took for my wisdom tooth extractions last Friday-Monday.  I've had a similar rash one other time, also while/after taking hydrocodone, but the ER docs thought it was just a combo of my immune system being shoddy and all the drugs I was on at the time (I had shingles at the time).  Blah.

Re: Blergh.

• Options
    Been there, survived that, and I feel your pain. Mine was an allergic reaction after a week of antibiotics, but luckily the steroids worked pretty fast and I went back to work the following day. Just get in ASAP then take it easy today!
  • Options

Been there, survived that, and I feel your pain. Mine was an allergic reaction after a week of antibiotics, but luckily the steroids worked pretty fast and I went back to work the following day. Just get in ASAP then take it easy today!
    Yeah, I'm also taking antibiotics (and I was taking them the first time this happened, too), so IDK what I'm allergic to for sure.  Hopefully the doctor today will help me clear that up.  I'm supposed to work tomorrow and Sunday, too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I discovered I'm allergic to sulfa based drugs which is pretty common, hopefully it will be that easy for you too. Feel better soon!
  • Options
    Yuck, feel better soon. I'm allergic to sulfa drugs too.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    It was the amoxicillin. Starting steroids and an antihistamine.
  • Options

C got a rash like that 5 days after starting amoxicillin for an ear infection. He looked miserable.

Hope things get better soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I hope you feel better! Oatmeal baths help Allie, when she breaks out.
  • Options
    ::raises hand:: I'm allergic to sulfa too (not the Sulfa, but sulfa. lol)

@Gnomesweetgnome, I'm glad you have an answer and I hope you feel better soon.
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • Options
    amberhoothootamberhoothoot member
    edited August 2013
    Oh no, that sucks. Hope you feel better soon.

I had an rash (blotchy really itchy patches from head to toe) after taking amoxicillin too. Never had an issue with it before, but that was the same week I got a BFP. So they said I should assume the baby was allergic to it as well.

The worst went away after about 3 days. But it wasn't fully gone for about a week.
    Hope your time passes quickly.

EDIT: I couldn't take any other meds except for a topical creme.

httpi790photobucketcomalbumsyy184elsabrown08e26d3682-3305-47b8-9997-1488d4f6ff18_zpscd6c53aajpg
    ~*~
    Married 4.4.09  ~*~  Me-34 & DH-32 ~*~
    Complete Thyroidectomy Oct 07'  &  Cardiac Ablation Surgery for SVAT Sept 11'
    BFP #1 - 10.3.10  I  EDD 6.11.16  I  Boy #1 born 6.16.11
    BFP #2 - 9.12.13 l EDD 5.27.14 l CP 9.20.13
    BFP #3 - 3.5.14 I  EDD 11.17.14 I  Boy #2 born 11.17.14

• Options
    Horrible feeling. I had a rash like that from my pain meds after my c-section which got worse when I took an oatmeal bath... Turns out I'm allergic to oatmeal too! I don't know what they'll give me if I have another child. Hope you got all cleared up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"