June 2013 Moms

Nipple shield pacifier

My LO has been using the nipple shield for nursing since she was10 days old. She now won't accept a pacifier so one day I put the nipple shield over the pacifier and that kinda helped... now, I am just putting the nipple shield alone in her mouth and holding it in with my fist. Works great to pacify her but probably not the safest thing. I'm very tempted to glue a shield onto a plastic ball or something so I have a substantial pacifier... why doesn't anyone make a nipple shield shaped pacifier?

image image

Re: Nipple shield pacifier

• I totally agree, the nipple shield on my nipple ends up being her pacifier, if she is done eating or falls asleep she wakes up as soon as I take it out of her mouth and switching with a regular pacifier will not work. If they made them the same shape that definitely might work
  • Have you tried the Soothie? My LO had to use the nipple shield since birth (I now Epump). When I was shopping for paci's I decided to go with the soothie because the nipple part is shaped like the shield. My LO takes it just fine.

• Loading the player...
  • yeah she wont take the soothie, :(

image image

• My LO nurses with a nipple shield and takes the soothie paci. I didn't think it was going to work at first, but he came around and it's his fav now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • The soothie is the only one my lo will use but I think she would like it if it was a little wider like the shield
  • My little guy (8 wks) has used a nipple shield since birth.  He disliked the other pacifiers, but he likes his soothie.  I've wondered about using the nipple shield as a paci, but I was afraid the holes in the end might cause him to suck in or swallow air.  Is this a concern for others?
  • hmm. Good question. She seemed ok after I used it...

image image

• pkp2pkp2 member
    Faith7 said:

My little guy (8 wks) has used a nipple shield since birth.  He disliked the other pacifiers, but he likes his soothie.  I've wondered about using the nipple shield as a paci, but I was afraid the holes in the end might cause him to suck in or swallow air.  Is this a concern for others?

I was thinking about this the other day and the possibility of sucking air would concern me. Also, wouldn't the shield compress too much if there was not something in it? It's hit or miss if DS takes a paci or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"