3rd Trimester

Do First Time Moms Go Past Their EDD?

I have heard that most first timers go past 40 weeks, but then I hear they give birth sooner.

Re: Do First Time Moms Go Past Their EDD?

• Everyone's body is different and babies come when they think its time. LOL My first was born a week late.

DD#1~Emma Dawn 12/19/00 7lb 10 oz 21"
    DD#2~Daphney Mae 04/17/03 7lb 13oz 21"
    DD#3~Grace Deonea 05/20/10 8lb 2oz 21"
        DS#1~Brody Maxwell born 10/16/13 8lb 10oz 21"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Most research indicates that FTMs average 41 weeks of pregnancy before spontaneous labor. Doesn't mean your will come at 41 weeks though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • My first was a week early and my second was 2 weeks late. Three & four were on time. Each pregnancy is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lololol! i posted about this a couple days ago.
  • NebFNebF member
    I have heard that is 30 percent before and 70 percent after. I was a FTM and gave birth at 38 weeks 1 day.
  • NebFNebF member
    And I would like to add it really doesn't matter in the long run. Towards the end of my pregnancy I was going crazy wanting the baby out. But once he was born I wanted to stuff him back in and wait another three weeks at least! But I get how frustrating the wait is and how much is sucks not knowing when exactly it will happen.
  • I have heard that most first timers go past 40 weeks, but then I hear they give birth sooner.
    So I think it's safe to consider it's different for everyone seeing as you've heard mixed answers? It can vary with every person and every pregnancy.
  • mmgkms said:
    What is in The Bump water this week?
    Stupid. Stupid is in the water this week. 

OP, before posting, maybe check around other posts. A PP linked you to the exact same question that was asked yesterday. 

Yes. FTMs go past their EDDs. So do STMs, TTMs, FTMs...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• No. Never. This just doesn't happen.
    Everyone delivers on their due date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"